Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

Louisville self-imposed post-season ban/Rick Pitino interested in UNLV?

This is NOT going to sway Pitino to go anywhere. If anything...he will come back with more determination than before. Pitino is a narcissist. I truly believe he had no knowledge and belived the University would be cleared. Living right across the river from Louisville they are a program I follow closely. UofL will be the last school Pitino will ever coach. I sumise that he will be there until he turns 70.

I don't think that there will much more of a serious penalty or longer ban. UofL exhausted a lot of money to investigate all of the allegations. They know what the NCAA has on them and they believe that the self imposed penalty will suffice. This will also move this investigation on in the eyes of the NCAA which has too much on their plates now with UNC and some others. They don't have enough investigators to deal with what they have now.

I don't think that there will much more of a serious penalty or longer ban. UofL exhausted a lot of money to investigate all of the allegations. They know what the NCAA has on them and they believe that the self imposed penalty will suffice. This will also move this investigation on in the eyes of the NCAA which has too much on their plates now with UNC and some others. They don't have enough investigators to deal with what they have now.

I do not believe this for one second. You are drinking the Pitino kool aid.

Because historically, self imposed sanctions are more than enough to appease the NCAA... :no:

Head coaches know everything? So CTC knew his players were out at bars trying to get served while underaged. He knew of all of the weed smoking and late drinking and partying? Like I said...they did their own investigations and they know what was true and what was embellished in the book.

Head coaches know everything? So CTC knew his players were out at bars trying to get served while underaged. He knew of all of the weed smoking and late drinking and partying? Like I said...they did their own investigations and they know what was true and what was embellished in the book.

They sure as heck know what their assistant coaches are doing.  

Are you a UofL spy trying to rally support from other fan bases?

They sure as heck know what their assistant coaches are doing.

exactly! I have 2 D-1 college coaches in a different sport in my family. An assistant coach would never stoop to such a low repeatedly for years without the head coaches approval. It doesn't happen. Players are a different story but even then, yes, coaches likely know when their players are breaking the law and when they aren't in general.

Who was cutting this Grad assistant $10,000 checks each recruiting trip and not asking questions or notifying Pitino?

I'm not sure what rules are, but I would say a really good steak dinner is maybe $100?

No Pitino Kool aid lol! Just common sense. In 41 yrs of coaching Pitino has never given the NCAA any reason to look at his programs. I'm sure he has been around long enough to see what happens to screwed programs and coaches. My take on the whole thing is that a young asst coach, who played at that school and was a popular player, had some friends or booster connections front the whole deal. Of course no one will ever know because Andre McGee will not and does not have to say a word to the NCAA because he has already resigned from his coaching position. And for anyone to think that a top level coach doesn't believe that he knows everything about his team, well...that is ridiculous. You can't be with them or your coaches 24 hrs a day.

Where did you get 10,000 dollar checks. That is what is alleged in the book. That hasn't been proven or supported by one shred of evidence. And no..I am not drinking or am I a UofL spy trying to spin up a fan base lol. Lifelong, 55yr old, diehard IU fan. Apparently pretty intelligent enough not to believe the juice that you have been drinking served up by what news media sensationalism gave you those views.

Uhmmm...I'll tell you where the large sums of money were detailed:

By the madam.

By emails between the madam and Andre McGee

By the financial records

By the now admitted testimony of numerous UL recruits, including the infamous JaQuan Lyle

By UL, who has now generally admitted that the charges are absolutely legit, but are still not fessin' up that Pitino or Jurich personally knew that anything illicit was going on. In doing so, they are trying to downgrade from "complete complicity" to "complete lack of institutional control".

Moeover; I don't think there were "$10,000 checks". I believe it was a series of payments by McGee totaling $10,000+, for strippers and prostitutes at Minardi Hall, for players, recruits, and the recruits' dads.. I also remember reading that McGee wasn't paid much more than minimum wage, and that there was no freakin' way he had enough $$ to pull this off without $$ from a higher level.

Google is your friend; any of the items listed above are plastered all over the interwebz.

Where did you get 10,000 dollar checks. That is what is alleged in the book. That hasn't been proven or supported by one shred of evidence. And no..I am not drinking or am I a UofL spy trying to spin up a fan base lol. Lifelong, 55yr old, diehard IU fan. Apparently pretty intelligent enough not to believe the juice that you have been drinking served up by what news media sensationalism gave you those views.

Here you go. Even Pitino says in the interview McGee never could have afforded this himself. So either someone from school was cutting him a check and asking no questions or he was taking money from a booster. Either way it is on Pitino. I agree you can't know where your players are at all times, but I think he should have an idea of where a top High School recruit is on a one night trip.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/21/us/louisville-basketball-sex-scandal/index.html

This is STRAIGHT fan talk. I am "pretty intelligent enough" to see through this clouded guise by means of invested interests, hurt feelings, and convoluted logic.

There is plenty of known evidence at this point to presume guilt on the part of UofL. As such, that is exactly what they are doing. This is a plea bargain attempt. They are as guilty as their coach is sinful.

I've heard it all now.

You must have not grasped one of the fundamental rules that they teach on Law and Order. Hearsay is not proof. The only financial evidence that has been uncovered is a copy of an atm receipt for approx 200 dollars from McGee to Powell. That is it! Period! They also have a ledger from Ms Powell that notated dates and times of parties and payments. These notations were were all made using what appears to be the same ink for every entry over a 2 1/2 year span. Every entry is aligned as though it was a child being punished at a blackboard. As for Lyle's testimony... this was from an 18 yr old who was offered a little vajayjay to maybe sway a commitment. Once again, his allegation that Pitino must have knew is just that. An allegation. This coming from a kid that on this very same board, numerous times, was believed to be too shady or too much trouble to play for IU. Look I've always believed that there were violations that had taken place. Not to the amount or knowledge of the hierarchy.