Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

incrediboy

Nets Want Calipari

What is the highest paid coach in nba. How far off base is this deal?

Based on a quick search I found a list updated on 1/1/2016 and it showed Popovich at 11 mil/year.  No way a guy that's already failed in the NBA should get more than that.

I don't really get the flirtation from NBA teams when it comes to him. Yeah it has been mentioned that he had no success in his first stint. But, I mean look at the system he runs. Doesn't really run an offense, and yeah go look at the NBA it is more driven by teams running an offense than not. His defense is great, but would just be standard in the NBA. Dude has shown that he can't win all that consistently if he doesn't have a lot of talent that is steps better than the competition, not many coaches ever actually do. And in the NBA the talent level evens out quite a bit, unless you're the 76ers, or at this point the Nets

I don't really get the flirtation from NBA teams when it comes to him. Yeah it has been mentioned that he had no success in his first stint. But, I mean look at the system he runs. Doesn't really run an offense, and yeah go look at the NBA it is more driven by teams running an offense than not. His defense is great, but would just be standard in the NBA. Dude has shown that he can't win all that consistently if he doesn't have a lot of talent that is steps better than the competition, not many coaches ever actually do. And in the NBA the talent level evens out quite a bit, unless you're the 76ers, or at this point the Nets

Was also mentioned he would lure former UK players to NJ as contracts come up over the next few years. Doubt he leaves. He likes being the big fish in the NCAA

If he leaves, it might indicate the stench of his recruiting is getting a little too close for comfort.

U beat me to it! If he chooses to leave, pUKe get ready for the hammer!!! Oh how I would love this! Hope that last banner is hung with Velcro...a man can dream right