Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BburgHoosier

Traffic on SR 37

Anyone else get frustrated with the traffic yesterday (or previous games)?

It took us 1 hour 39 minutes from Lot 14 to Martinsville. We averaged 8 MPH.

I thought about old 37, but worried about ice on the road. When we got to the intersection where old 37 traffic meets new 37, there was a long line of cars that had made the icy drive and were waiting to get out on to the highway.

On Tuesday night it took us 40 minutes to get from Casey's on SR39 out to SR37 where traffic was still bumper to bumper.

There has to be something that can be done for game days.

I 69 is coming.

Don't you all think it will just be worse?  It's not like 37 will be any wider through Martinsville and they are just adding a ton more traffic.  They were supposed to limit lane restrictions during game days for the football season, but I never saw them change a thing.  It's just bad and I only see it getting marginally better when it opens fully.

65S is an absolute mess too.

The only route that you won't sit in traffic is the 70 to 231 to 46 route and it's still 2 hours.  You're just not sitting the whole time.