Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

(2018) G/F Damezi Anderson to Detroit Mercy

On 2/3/2018 at 4:09 PM, Uspshoosier said:

I cannot fathom why this kid was never contacted by our previous staff. 

Direct quote from the article, “Anderson was impressed by IU’s state-of-the-art facilities.”

Weird. I was told our facilities turned off recruits. Huh.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Direct quote from the article, “Anderson was impressed by IU’s state-of-the-art facilities.”

Weird. I was told our facilities turned off recruits. Huh.

Im pretty sure our weight room and cook hall are state of the art. Everybody just complains about our locker rooms at assembly hall

Sent from my SM-G955U using BtownBanners mobile app

9 hours ago, Stromboli said:

Just jumping on this Damezi hype train.  Everytime I watch him play, to me he is a shooting guard.  Wing is also accurate, but more on the guard side than the forward side.  He sneaks around the perimeter like an assassin, fights to get open.  In transition or after an offensive rebound, he sneaks to an open spot behind the line for a catch-and-shoot, rather than body into the paint.  I should mention I don't think this is the same as avoiding contact, really more just looking for the next score.  Deadly jump shot.  Has a good enough handle that he can drive when the opportunity presents itself, go coast to coast.  You all heard Dakich railing on Miles Bridges for not being able to dribble more than once under control.  Bridges is a small forward, and his game is totally different than what Damezi brings.  Damezi is not an above-the-rim type guy, and certainly not a bruiser in the paint.  But he can slash his way in for a smooth lay-in.  He has all the skills to be an elite SG, plus the length to help him excel on defense.  

I've been saying all year that our biggest need right now is a SG.  What skill would a prototypical SG have that Damezi doesn't have?  Having a guy like Damezi fill the SG spot, we've added size at a position you're not typically looking for it.  His skills and size help us whether we're playing small-ball or with two bigs and 3 guards.  

I agree with this 100%. I'm not saying he will produce like him but he plays similar to the way Buddy Hield played at Oklahoma a couple years ago. You have him as a back up shooting if we land Romeo and I like that position a lot going into next year. 

9 hours ago, southsidehoosier said:

I cannot fathom why this kid was never contacted by our previous staff. 

Well the previous staff also never contacted Trendon Watford so I don't know what to tell you other than they weren't as good at recruiting as some let on.

3 hours ago, taco corp said:

Just keep in mind, this was a short highlight clip. I was at this game and these highlights came from about the first 3 minutes, where he had 10 quick points. After that, i didn’t feel like he had any explosive moments. He was happy to pull up and sometimes force a contested three a few times. One time he was lucky and it happened to bank in. This may sound like I am down on Damezi, I definitely am not, but just remember to take highlight videos with a grain of salt. Damezi’s shooting ability should definitely help us forget the bricks from this year.

No problem...we appreciate the honest feedback.  I just want an expectation that our guards are not going to hit the underside of the rim on a fast break layup next year.

Anyone in the Indy area that wants to watch Damezi in person, the Riley Wildcats play at Indpls. Cathedral Saturday night and I've seen a couple of tweets that there are plenty of tickets available.

Did this game get moved to Indy? At the Riley game on Tuesday, they announced the Cathedral game as a home game.

10 minutes ago, taco corp said:

Did this game get moved to Indy? At the Riley game on Tuesday, they announced the Cathedral game as a home game.

I doublechecked the Riley schedule and you are correct.  I apologize and deleted my original post.  I saw this tweet and assumed it was an away game for Riley.  

@RileyWildcatsBB vs. Cathedral on Saturday, Feb. 10, 2018 game is not sold out! Riley administration has not sold a single ticket. Game fact: JV 5pm / Varsity 6:30pm @SBRileyhigh Please (RT), Please post on Facebook or other social media sites. Thank you #GoWildCats

I am sorry for causing so much confusion.   Now, will northern Indiana's looming snowstorm impact the scheduled Saturday night game?

I doublechecked the Riley schedule and you are correct.  I apologize and deleted my original post.  I saw this tweet and assumed it was an away game for Riley.  
@RileyWildcatsBB vs. Cathedral on Saturday, Feb. 10, 2018 game is not sold out! Riley administration has not sold a single ticket. Game fact: JV 5pm / Varsity 6:30pm @SBRileyhigh Please (RT), Please post on Facebook or other social media sites. Thank you #GoWildCats
I am sorry for causing so much confusion.   Now, will northern Indiana's looming snowstorm impact the scheduled Saturday night game?

CAM is supposed to be in the building for a 2 for 1. Check in on Anderson while watching Franklin. The storm might impact if he goes to watch