Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

(2018) G/F Damezi Anderson to Detroit Mercy

4 hours ago, goonaha said:

“It matters to me because I have a lot of support from my family and friends. Being at home would mean a lot to me, a lot to my family, a lot to my friends, and they can all come out and see me.”
Anderson is a 6-foot-6 win who can play multiple positions.

Congrats Damezi and welcome home. This quote is exactly what you want our Indiana commits to say. Arch has a powerful message.

That was a fantastic article about a kid that seems genuinely excited to be a Hoosier. 

And reading about how CAM's teams play a relentless, swarming style...holy crap I just cannot wait to get this new era of Hoosier Hysteria started.  I missed the '87 title by three years, and was on campus when the 92 team got crapped on...it's been long enough for us!

Side note...really been since the days of Abernathy that Indiana has landed a top target out of South Bend? Wow.

12 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

How many of you shuddered when you read this, "Miller’s teams at Dayton were known to play almost position-less basketball..."?

1 minute ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

How many of you shuddered when you read this, "Miller’s teams at Dayton were known to play almost position-less basketball..."?

I heard some stuff on a couple podcasts about this. My perception from what I listened to is the Archie runs a "position-less" defense where each player can or is capable of covering each position of D. They really didn't speak too much on the O side of the ball, but judging how disciplined Archie's teams at Dayton were, it doesn't bother me as much as CTC's "position-less" system worked were no one seemed to know the game plan and lacked fundamental control. I think IU will still play fast, but I think each guy is going to know when and where to be and how to react to each situation. That video that was posted some time ago of Archie explaining how his O system works seemed pretty simple. "Position-less" basketball seems to be becoming the norm and I think you have to have the right coach, the right game plan, and the right players for this to work. I believe that we have taken a HUGE step on the coach part of it and it will only take some time for the returning players to "understand" how the system works.

To me. The best teams play positionless 2-4. It's nice to have a sure handed, good vision PG to run plays and get buckets when all else fails and a BIG, big enough to guard the other team's biggest player.

I enjoy watching positionless basketball if it's done well.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

This is spot on and exactly how Archie coached at Dayton. In his four years, Scoochie Smith always brought the ball up and controlled the tempo. Very rarely did someone outside of the PG bring the ball up. But positions 2-4 were interchangeable on the wings and most of the time the 5 would post up and be able to pop out to 3

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app