Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

(2018) G/F Damezi Anderson to Detroit Mercy

Just now, ElectricBoogaloo said:

He's saying in the Henry thread that his offer still stands and Henry almost committed this morning.

Also - we do not disparage Chris007 on this forum. :)

Alaska Hoosier "likes" and approves of this post

He's saying in the Henry thread that his offer still stands and Henry almost committed this morning.
Also - we do not disparage Chris007 on this forum. :)
[/quote Seems unlikely to me since we now need guards and he is the same position as the three who just committed.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Damezi is a pure catch and shoot player currently. And a very good one.

He does not do all that much with the ball in his hands, and his motor and defense will need to markedly improve. His athleticism is really good, and there is every reason to believe that it will. 

I expect Jerome Hunter and Race Thompson to log far more minutes in 2018 than Damezi.

For four-star class of 2018 guard wing Damezi Anderson, the chance to represent his state was always important.
The South Bend Riley High School player ranked No. 82 nationally by Scout.com started getting major Indiana interest when new IU coach Archie Miller was hired.

Anderson made a visit to IU this summer and it was then he realized how well he fit at IU.
“It was about the new coaching staff, a great chance to come in and play as a new recruit and being an Indiana kid, there’s no place like home,” Anderson told Peegs.com after he committed to IU today.
“It matters to me because I have a lot of support from my family and friends. Being at home would mean a lot to me, a lot to my family, a lot to my friends, and they can all come out and see me.”
Anderson is a 6-foot-6 win who can play multiple positions.
“He (Miller) told me he might move me around because of my length. I know I can play the guard positions and the four position,” Anderson said.
Anderson committed to IU over Purdue, Michigan, Connecticut, Xavier and others.

Anderson is one of three top-100 prospects to commit to IU in a span of about 18 hours.
Four-star power forward Race Thompson of Robbinsdale High School in Minnesota committed Sunday night, and four-star 2018 forward Jerome Hunter of Pickerington North High School in Ohio committed earlier today.
Thompson plans to enroll at IU early and be a redshirt freshman to start the 2018-19 season, so from a playing standpoint, all three are in the 2018 class.
“I think it’s good,” Anderson said of the three commitments. “I talked to Jerome earlier today. We’re both on the same page. Hopefully all three of us are on the same page, and we all do what we can to make Indiana a great program again.
“He thinks it’s going to be a great fit for all three of us together.”
After he committed, Anderson Facetimed four-star class of 2018 point guard Robert Phinisee of McCutcheon High School.
“I’m telling him basically with all of us coming in, it would be good. We’re going to have a good experience. I told him it’d be a great fit for him because we need another guard.”

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Damezi is the kind of kid that you don't expect much his first year, but by years 2 or 3 he comes outta no where and ends up being one of our best players. His shooting ability and his work off screens makes me excited in Archie's system. Will need to put an emphasis on his handles though and depending on position lose some pounds or gain some. I think he once Clif gets ahold of this kid the rest is history.

His ceiling is Justin Jackson IMO. The one from UNC.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

So excited to have a South Bend kid playing at IU, I hope he does so well.  I love getting kids from all over the state, not just Indy.

Man, what a 24-hour span.  And to think we still have room for 3 more.  As long as one of them is Langford, I don't care who the other 2 are.