Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Indiana v. Wisconsin postgame thread

this. It was never JBJ or rojo. They started together all last year and most of this season. And I seem to recall JBJ being pretty abysmal in most big games last year, so l looked up the bigger games this year. Wake forest, 1-8, 5 points. UNLV, 5-12, 13 points. Duke, 5-12, 14 points. Notre dame, 3-11, 11 points. So not terrible, but not efficient at all. I'll take D over that kind of offense any day

It's just not as simple as comparing points scored. I don't know how a group of fans who pride themselves on their basketball IQ get so bogged down in the box score.

JBJ helps space the floor and occupy defenders. Teams can comfortably leave ROJO or Z3 more open than they left JBJ. This takes some of the offense away from everyone. The threat of JBJ getting hot is better for the team than Z3's defense.

And let's not mince words, if Z3 and ROJO don't make their shots tomorrow we will lose. OSU is one of the best 2-point defensive teams in the nation and we have two of our 3-point shooters throwing air balls.

It's just not as simple as comparing points scored. I don't know how a group of fans who pride themselves on their basketball IQ get so bogged down in the box score.

JBJ helps space the floor and occupy defenders. Teams can comfortably leave ROJO or Z3 more open than they left JBJ. This takes some of the offense away from everyone. The threat of JBJ getting hot is better for the team than Z3's defense.

And let's not mince words, if Z3 and ROJO don't make their shots tomorrow we will lose. OSU is one of the best 2-point defensive teams in the nation and we have two of our 3-point shooters throwing air balls.

i realize that, which is why I expanded on assists and turnovers above. I also understand he spaces the floor more for shooters, but he was also the one to force the issue in key moments of the game. Like I said, I'm not a JBJ hater. He definitely has some solid offense at times. Just putting some stats out there for discussion. We're also seeing OG step up and hit big shots in his absence, while also playing what could be argued as the best D on the team. This may not last, but at the moment he isn't as greatly missed on offense as previously thought, imo.

i realize that, which is why I expanded on assists and turnovers above. I also understand he spaces the floor more for shooters, but he was also the one to force the issue in key moments of the game. Like I said, I'm not a JBJ hater. He definitely has some solid offense at times. Just putting some stats out there for discussion. We're also seeing OG step up and hit big shots in his absence, while also playing what could be argued as the best D on the team. This may not last, but at the moment he isn't as greatly missed on offense as previously thought, imo.

If the freshman don't hit the wall and keep playing like this then it's a game changer. If JBJ getting hurt sparked this OG boost then people won't be wrong when they say it wasn't all bad.