Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IU Hoosier41

Victor Oladipo vs Top 25 Teams

Victor Oladipo has been on ANOTHER level this year.  Every game it seems Victor steps up to the plate and gives Indiana exactly what they need.  I decided it would be interesting to see how Victor has performed in the 6 games vs Top 25 teams this season. (#14 North Carolina, #8 Minnesota, #13 Michigan State, #1 Michigan, #10 Ohio State, #4 Michigan State) 

The results are downright SCARY.

National Player of the Year Numbers:

Points - 120  (20.0 Avg)

Field Goals -  45-68 (66%)

Three Pointers -  5-13 (39%)

Free Throws -  25-31 (80%)

Off Reb - 16

Def Reb - 21

Assists - 9

Steals - 18

Blocks - 5

It sure is crazy to think we are lucky enough to have not 1 but TWO POY candidates. I personally think we will have the winner and runner up, with mason plumlee(or Burke, maybe even craft) coming in third. The winner being oladipo because he has just done so much this year and always comes through with these big numbers, zeller has pulled the disappearing act in a couple games but did come up in the clutch during MSU at AH. That being said, I'm pretty sure our Hoosiers will be bringing home the POY award one way or another.

What would be really cool, is one of them wins, but decides to share with the other.  Based on the statements Vic made after the game last night I could definitely see him sharing with Cody.  Vic's humility amazes me!

Vic deserves everything coming his way. Let's enjoy them both while we have them. His performance in the big games is getting him the recognition he deserves. Would love to see him or Cody win it although Vic seems to be the trendy pick right now