Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

lucel15

Mark hill gone

Tough loss. The strength coach is pretty much the head coach in the offseason when the coaches are not allowed to conduct practices. I wonder why he left, and if it was pay related.

No announcement on destination, but I'm guessing its probably a more elite job. Matching the pay will not always keep a coach at IU. Resume building can be important.

No announcement on destination, but I'm guessing its probably a more elite job. Matching the pay will not always keep a coach at IU. Resume building can be important.

Need to bring in my old strength and conditioning coach from Avon high school who is now at IMG. He played at IU was a FB for Iu for 3 years. Played DE in hs. Was named their strength champion

‏@RowlandRIVALS; NEW: Sources confirm that Kentucky hires Mark Hill, former head strength football coach at two Big Ten schools. https://kentucky.n.rivals.com/news/sources-strength-program-makes-key-addition

There goes that theory

I wish Hill the best. However, if Stoops doesn't make a bowl game next year he's probably fired. Stoops is 4-20 in the SEC and 0-3 against Louisville. The SEC East has been weak. There hasn't been a lack of talent either. His recruiting classes have been highly ranked.

The offense took a big step back this past year. Stoops is on his third OC in four years (Neal Brown left to be the HC of Troy, Shannon Dawson originally from WVU was fired this offseason and they hired Eddie Gran from Cincy).

UK has spent a lot of money on football since they hired Stoops. Stoops is in a similar situation to CKW coming into this past season: go to a bowl get an extension. No bowl and you're likely fired. The seat is getting hot...

Its because IU is a cheapskate school and UK isn't! They pony up and we suck up! The powers that be in Bloomington should be ashamed of themselves. But hey, McRobbie doesn't give a rats ass anyway!

I used to send in my "contribution" but not one check since 2008.

What bowl did UK play in this year?

That's a stupid comment and I'm sure you know they didn't go to a bowl game so you're just being a smartass who thinks he knows everything!!!  My comment has to do with breaking out the checkbook which UK does and we don't!!

Relax killer.

That's a stupid comment and I'm sure you know they didn't go to a bowl game so you're just being a smartass who thinks he knows everything!!! My comment has to do with breaking out the checkbook which UK does and we don't!!

Well, we did just double Wilson's salary into the top half of the B1G and increase the pay for assistants.

My point though, was that UK can throw all the money they want at their football program, but it doesn't matter if they don't ever get anywhere on the field. Spending is good...if you do it wisely. UK fans aren't too thrilled with Stoops after his late season collapses.

MY point was they have the stones to throw at their programs and we haven't had that nerve. Please get back on the point where I was man! I'm not down playing IUFB etc. I"m saying the administration hurts our programs. Alot of people will agree with me too. Not jamming you here okay And I'm happy about Kevin Wilsons deal!

We don't even know what we offered Hill. We just invested a bunch more in the staff, so until I know what we did or didn't try to do for Hill, I'm not going to rip anyone.