Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

B10 Basketball Recruiting Thread

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/11/18/ihsaa-boys-basketball-2017-preview-class-glance/875008001/
My biggest concern with hunter was always competition at the class a level.
Look at sectional 58.
Hunter could end up being a great player in the B1G but this was always a concern of mine watching him play over the last couple of years.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I will say this though Painter is a testament to good coaching overcoming recruiting difficulties. 

In 2014 Purdoo finished dead last in the Big Ten. What overcame what there? Lol

I will say this though Painter is a testament to good coaching overcoming recruiting difficulties. 

Painter is a solid coach that got off track in what he was doing. He's found some tough nosed kids that have pride in what they do. They have the pieces to make a run at a Final Four; bigs, shooting, good guard play, defense, etc. I'm not buying them being Final Four caliber though. Edwards and turnovers can put them sideways quickly though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

10 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Painter is a solid coach that got off track in what he was doing. He's found some tough nosed kids that have pride in what they do. They have the pieces to make a run at a Final Four; bigs, shooting, good guard play, defense, etc. I'm not buying them being Final Four caliber though. Edwards and turnovers can put them sideways quickly though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Don't get me wrong he's not elite by far. But if he got an elite recruiter on staff pursue could be a real force

18 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Don't get me wrong he's not elite by far. But if he got an elite recruiter on staff pursue could be a real force

I have a strong dislike for Purdue and I'm not that fond of Painter either. But, I have a lot of respect for how he puts teams together and how they play. He's getting his kind of talent again now and, like it or not, Purdue is not going away..I think CAM is doing the same thing and expect some epic Knight/Keady like battles in the future.

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

Matt Painter has been wildly inconsistent and can't perform past the Sweet 16. In other words, he is Tom Crean.

I don't understand how IU fans who wanted Crean fired can admire Painter.

Purdue fans get a little hot and bothered whenever I mention Painter's resumé isn't much different from Crean's.

Matt Painter has been wildly inconsistent and can't perform past the Sweet 16. In other words, he is Tom Crean.

I dont want to say anything in fear i will jinx it and they will win a title but if he was our coach 75 percent of our fans would want him fired and truth be told he probably would already be gone imo

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Because Crean got the results most Purdue fans expect/want. IU fans want to be like Kansas, Duke, Kentucky etc results wise.

If Crean didn't miss the NCAAs so often he'd still be our coach. The crazy inconsistencies cost him his job.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app