Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

B10 Basketball Recruiting Thread

Who is Ohio St stacking in their 2020 class with their guys?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

They return a 3 man core that will be the centerpieces. Ohio state also active in grad transfer market. And they aren’t the ones I’m really concerned with, although I think they are positioned a little better than us but only slightly. Don’t think they will be better than or as good as the best teams in the nation.

Losing Wesson will hurt them and if I was a fan of them I’d want him “replaced”.

10 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Carton, Brooks and Garcia. Three guys we prioritized and didnt land. No back up plan for these three either which is my concern. Land 1 0r 2 of those guys and we are having a different conversation.

We put so many eggs in the Brooks basket. It was silly not to have more lined up behind him. Carton and Garcia both lost to schools I wouldn't have expected to beat us. 

Archie has done extremely well establishing roots in-state. But our out of state recruiting has been close to a fail. In state will get us enough recruits to be competitive but to get to another level we are going to have to start landing some really good out of state guys too. 

1 hour ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Man I wish we had Carton.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Wasn't immediate playing time a factor with Carton? I thought OSU's pitch was that he would get the keys to the offense. With Phinisee already established that wasn't going to happen here. Those who are willing to "play the game" to win are using the Lance Armstrong argument. He got crucified for doing what every other competitive cyclist was doing. Is it even possible to get just a little dirty? 

Wasn't immediate playing time a factor with Carton? I thought OSU's pitch was that he would get the keys to the offense. With Phinisee already established that wasn't going to happen here. Those who are willing to "play the game" to win are using the Lance Armstrong argument. He got crucified for doing what every other competitive cyclist was doing. Is it even possible to get just a little dirty? 

He just bonded better with the Ohio st players on his visit. Relationship with current players was one of his biggest factors. The gut punch in this one was everyone was saying Michigan and Indiana before the buckeyes visit and according to some of he wouldn’t of visited Ohio St he actually bonded better with the IU players instead of Michigan’s

Carton is splitting time with CJ Walker at the 1 and they both play together at times too. Carton is playing 23 mpg while Walker plays about 22 mpg.

Carton would likely have taken Phinisees spot this season.

Good find. My love/hate of recruiting continues. I wish I didn’t give a damn, but it’s the single best indicator of future success.

It’s kind of crazy but outside of a few freshmen I have no idea who the top recruits were for 2019. That’s probably a first for me.

It’s kind of crazy but outside of a few freshmen I have no idea who the top recruits were for 2019. That’s probably a first for me.

They definitely weren’t hyped like some other classes.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Clearly the NCAA has a 'thing' about approving B1G transfers and eligibility.

Jeff Borzello -

Nebraska wing Shamiel Stevenson has been denied a waiver to be eligible this season. He’ll sit out this season and have two years of eligibility remaining.

We play them twice this year; I’ll take it

34 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Maryland’s freshman twins are transferring

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

They’re a very undersized team. Odd, since last season they had a huge front line and size on the bench.