Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

B10 Basketball Recruiting Thread

27 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

I know some liked Brad Underwood and compared him favorably to CAM at the time. But I stand by what I said last year. He will be the first coach fired and probably within 3 years of his hiring. Just a bad fit for them.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I was one of those. He's run a ton of guys off though. Even the first class he brought in he ran off 3 of the 5 guys. I believe they still have 3 open schollies from not being able to fill all these players exiting. Pretty crazy! I also noticed they only have one player on the roster bigger than 6"6. They will have a very long year and Underwood will officially be on the hot seat come 2019. 

I know some liked Brad Underwood and compared him favorably to CAM at the time. But I stand by what I said last year. He will be the first coach fired and probably within 3 years of his hiring. Just a bad fit for them.

I was one that thought it was a good hire based on his past coaching. However watching what's going on with their recruiting, especially the Tucker situation, has me changing my mind

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think he could be successful in some settings, just not in that state. Curious to see where they go next when he gets fired.

11 hours ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

I was one of those. He's run a ton of guys off though. Even the first class he brought in he ran off 3 of the 5 guys. I believe they still have 3 open schollies from not being able to fill all these players exiting. Pretty crazy! I also noticed they only have one player on the roster bigger than 6"6. They will have a very long year and Underwood will officially be on the hot seat come 2019. 

Verbal Commits, linked below, has Illinois at three open grants for next season.  This doesn't reflect Samba Kane's eligibility which is still in question.  They could realistically start the year off with 9 scholarship players with very little height.  If they can become a middle of the pack B1G team it will be due to their guard play with Frazier, Dosunmu, Williams, and Jordan (not a bad guard rotation).

https://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/illinois

8 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Verbal Commits, linked below, has Illinois at three open grants for next season.  This doesn't reflect Samba Kane's eligibility which is still in question.  They could realistically start the year off with 9 scholarship players with very little height.  If they can become a middle of the pack B1G team it will be due to their guard play with Frazier, Dosunmu, Williams, and Jordan (not a bad guard rotation).

https://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/illinois

They are gonna suck in a major way with their current roster.

The only player they have over 6'6" is this freshman:

7981540.jpg
GIORGI BEZHANISHVILI
  • PF 
  • 6-9
  • CLASS OF 18
ELIZABETH, NJ(ST. PATRICK)

•  

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Three-star-forward-Anthony-Higgs-commits-to-Illinois-119369627/

Illinois received a commitment from Anthony Higgs, their Tim Priller. Illinois Loyalty is celebrating. Lol

1 hour ago, iufaninillinois said:

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Three-star-forward-Anthony-Higgs-commits-to-Illinois-119369627/

Illinois received a commitment from Anthony Higgs, their Tim Priller. Illinois Loyalty is celebrating. Lol

Higgs will almost definitely play more than 10 minutes in his career.

I'm thinking that if #385 ranked Illini 6'7" big man Anthony Higgs was three inches taller, he would basically be...
The other Illini freshman big man; #315 ranked 6'10" Giorgi Bezhanishvili.

I'm laughing so hard at some of the posts today on Illinois Loyalty. A couple are actually comparing them to the Illini team in 89.

15 hours ago, iufaninillinois said:

I'm laughing so hard at some of the posts today on Illinois Loyalty. A couple are actually comparing them to the Illini team in 89.

That is fantastic, they got a slightly shorter Marvin Bagley and now are a Final Four team! Love it.

If anyone needed proof that sports fans are completely irrational, may I present exhibit A: https://www.illinoisloyalty.com/Forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

That is fantastic, they got a slightly shorter Marvin Bagley and now are a Final Four team! Love it.
If anyone needed proof that sports fans are completely irrational, may I present exhibit A: https://www.illinoisloyalty.com/Forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

I've been laughing every day the last couple weeks.

They only need to read the last couple days for laughs, but to get context, go to when their last transfer happened. Brass Cannon, do you post on there once in a while? Every so often I see a brass cannon posting there.

Just now, iufaninillinois said:

They only need to read the last couple days for laughs, but to get context, go to when their last transfer happened. Brass Cannon, do you post on there once in a while? Every so often I see a brass cannon posting there.

I did read some a couple weeks ago (at your recommendation) and it was delicious. The despair, recriminations, back-biting and squabbling were better than cable news! 

11 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I post over there occasionally. The current mood there is strange. Even more delusional than people on TOS site who thought that Zeller team would go 40-0. 

Honest opinion is that if Underwood doesnt knock out 2019 recruiting including grad transfers i  think his days are numbered

No one really said that with a straight face, did they?