Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

B10 Basketball Recruiting Thread

34 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

The 2019 Big Ten recruiting class is going to be loaded. Ohio State and Maryland are off to a start. Franimal's boy is going to Iowa. IU and Sparty are all in the running for big time recruits as well. 

And Purdue will fall back to around 5th or 6th where they typically reside when things are normal in this league.

Realistically OSU and Indiana may get to the point where they run things in the B1G. (I HOPE)

MSU may drop off after Izzo and that could be soon. Purdue will stay competitive with Painter. No one else scares me too much as a perennial power. Michigan’s time with Beilein is running out.

Maybe I’m being to optimistic but that’s how I see the next 5-10 years playing out.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

10 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Realistically OSU and Indiana may get to the point where they run things in the B1G. (I HOPE)

MSU may drop off after Izzo and that could be soon. Purdue will stay competitive with Painter. No one else scares me too much as a perennial power. Michigan’s time with Beilein is running out.

Maybe I’m being to optimistic but that’s how I see the next 5-10 years playing out.

Agreed, and I think we're about to see an extended pre-Bo Ryan Wisconsin era.

2 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

And Purdue will fall back to around 5th or 6th where they typically reside when things are normal in this league.

Pretty much. Not much hope in the foreseeable future if/when Carsen Edwards leaves.  

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I think Sparty is going to fall off big time when Izzo retires. As long as Beilein is at Michigan they will be competitive but he is getting older. Could Holtmann vs. Miller be the next Roy/Dean Smith vs. Coach K??? Okay maybe not to that level but Indiana and Ohio State fans have a lot to be happy about. 

On 4/10/2018 at 7:12 PM, HoosierFan1994 said:

I think Sparty is going to fall off big time when Izzo retires. As long as Beilein is at Michigan they will be competitive but he is getting older. Could Holtmann vs. Miller be the next Roy/Dean Smith vs. Coach K??? Okay maybe not to that level but Indiana and Ohio State fans have a lot to be happy about. 

Not completely sold on Holtman he had alot going for him and teams adjusted to him later in the season. 

13 hours ago, iufaninillinois said:

That was fun!  I am going to go ahead and pencil in Race for his first collegiate double-double (18 & 12 feels right) against Illinois at SSAH.

Illinois offered their Priller, 385th ranked 3 star Adam Higgs

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Louisville recently offered him as well. Still not a good look for the Illini. Rock bottom had to be last week when the 402 composite player Zdor picked Weber St over them

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Louisville recently offered him as well. Still not a good look for the Illini. Rock bottom had to be last week when the 402 composite player Zdor picked Weber St over them

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
I forgot about that one. I'm starting to wonder if the way they handled the Tucker recruitment might be part of the fiasco there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I know some liked Brad Underwood and compared him favorably to CAM at the time. But I stand by what I said last year. He will be the first coach fired and probably within 3 years of his hiring. Just a bad fit for them.