Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierwhodey

Next Season/Offseason

I am well aware of the fact that he split time at RB. That's because all of the RBs on our team have seen time with the first team so most of the time they aren't with the scout team. He has never played RB during a team period and has never done individual work with the RBs so I would assume he won't switch.

We are stacked at WR with Jones, Paige, Cobbs, Westbrook coming back. Booth, James and Harris all back from injury. Exciting group!

We are stacked at WR with Jones, Paige, Cobbs, Westbrook coming back. Booth, James and Harris all back from injury. Exciting group!

Oh yeah no doubt about that. We are three deep at each wideout spot next year and should have a lot of talent for whichever QB wins the job.

I am well aware of the fact that he split time at RB. That's because all of the RBs on our team have seen time with the first team so most of the time they aren't with the scout team. He has never played RB during a team period and has never done individual work with the RBs so I would assume he won't switch.

Not sure the bolded part of your quote is true:

http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/2015/12/could-camion-patrick-fit-at-running-back-in-2016-iufb/

Notable McCullough quotes:

“I need prolonged time with guys like that. I’m looking forward to it, if that’s what it’s gonna be. He’s looking forward to it. He came over and did some individual (drills) with us. I said, ‘You need some time with us, man, to make that full conversion from a great athlete and scout team running back to a (full-time) running back and being that guy.’ I definitely like what he brings to the table.”

“Defensive coaches would tell me, ‘Hey, you need to watch the tape of him.’ It was something to be seen, for sure. Now, it’s about taking that, harnessing it into the particulars of our offense and (doing it) as a running back and not just getting the ball and taking off running. It’s actually (understanding), ‘I have keys and there’s some pace to this. I have to do some different things.’ It’ll be exciting to see how that crosses over if the full-blown decision is to make him a running back.”

“He’s got some size, some strength, and he’s got some juice,” McCullough said. “He’s got great hands and he’s very excited about that possibility, which hasn’t been finalized yet. I just want some more time with him.”

Wilson Note:

Wilson said last week that Patrick is currently splitting time between receiver and running back in practice.

------------------------------------------

I'm not claiming the switch will happen, just saying it seems more of a possibility than you're allowing for.

Not sure the bolded part of your quote is true:

http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/2015/12/could-camion-patrick-fit-at-running-back-in-2016-iufb/

Notable McCullough quotes:

“I need prolonged time with guys like that. I’m looking forward to it, if that’s what it’s gonna be. He’s looking forward to it. He came over and did some individual (drills) with us. I said, ‘You need some time with us, man, to make that full conversion from a great athlete and scout team running back to a (full-time) running back and being that guy.’ I definitely like what he brings to the table.”

“Defensive coaches would tell me, ‘Hey, you need to watch the tape of him.’ It was something to be seen, for sure. Now, it’s about taking that, harnessing it into the particulars of our offense and (doing it) as a running back and not just getting the ball and taking off running. It’s actually (understanding), ‘I have keys and there’s some pace to this. I have to do some different things.’ It’ll be exciting to see how that crosses over if the full-blown decision is to make him a running back.”

“He’s got some size, some strength, and he’s got some juice,” McCullough said. “He’s got great hands and he’s very excited about that possibility, which hasn’t been finalized yet. I just want some more time with him.”

Wilson Note:

Wilson said last week that Patrick is currently splitting time between receiver and running back in practice.

------------------------------------------

I'm not claiming the switch will happen, just saying it seems more of a possibility than you're allowing for.

I've been at every practice and I don't remember that. I stand corrected on the individual part but I still don't think he'll see any time at RB

With how deep we are at WR, would any of those guys project well as a DB and possibly switch in the spring? Not only to strengthen that position but to see the field more quickly.

Leon Thorton moved over at the end of this season. I'm not sure where he plays next year. We have a ton of young talent at CB.

Devonte Williams FR
Andre Brown FR
Donovan Clark SO
Rashard Fant JR.
Welsey Green So
Tyler Green FR

He looks a heck of a lot better in practice than he has in games. We will see what this offseason brings. Competition is closer than a lot of people may think.

Did he look better in practice prior to his playing in games too? I am all for playing the best QB, but it's hard to get behind a Zander start having watched him start over and over already. If he's really made some huge leaps, then that's great, but it's only been what, a couple months since he last ran our offense into the ground? A little early for me to start trusting him again even if he is looking better in practice.

Leon Thorton moved over at the end of this season. I'm not sure where he plays next year. We have a ton of young talent at CB.

Devonte Williams FR
Andre Brown FR
Donovan Clark SO
Rashard Fant JR.
Welsey Green So
Tyler Green FR

I thinking the Thornton move was temporary since we had a lot of injuries at that point. Also, Devonte Williams was recruited as a RB so maybe he goes back to his natural position. Jaime Thompson will also be a great addition to our young secondary.

Did he look better in practice prior to his playing in games too? I am all for playing the best QB, but it's hard to get behind a Zander start having watched him start over and over already. If he's really made some huge leaps, then that's great, but it's only been what, a couple months since he last ran our offense into the ground? A little early for me to start trusting him again even if he is looking better in practice.

How has King looked in practice?

Very excited for next year. This has been the first year I've been able to watch most of the games, and even the wife has enjoyed those games. Our offense will be very good, even with an average QB. Our defense should improve, especially in the secondary. Just can't wait for next season. Am I becoming an IU football fan first now? :)

I believe that he looked better. Especially everyone wanting Danny Cameron to be above Zander, there's no way that would ever happen. Zander is by far the better option. I think if he would become our starter we would need to implement some new plays into the playbook to better suit him. We will see how much he improves over the next few months heading into the competition in the spring.

How has King looked in practice?

Easily the worst of our QBs. Has a lot of potential, but from my point of view, hasn't even scratched the surface. Very rarely took real snaps during practices.

That's somewhat disappointing. So what's the major issue, just not strong enough yet?

I'd say decision making is a little issue. Another is that he just isn't accurate enough to even play scout team. Doesn't make good enough throws to challenge the defense, which is what the coaches want obviously. He will be a solid 5 year guy if he's willing to stick with it and wait it out here at IU.

DJS, any thoughts on the 2 deep going into Spring Ball?

Most of that is relatively unknown right now. Still awaiting transfer info, recruiting class to fill out, etc. Will be interesting to see if Feeney leaves, but I don't think he will. Most of our starters are returning, so I think most of that (except the defensive backfield) will stay the same. Ask me the exact same question in a month or two and I could give you a more accurate answer.

Most of that is relatively unknown right now. Still awaiting transfer info, recruiting class to fill out, etc. Will be interesting to see if Feeney leaves, but I don't think he will. Most of our starters are returning, so I think most of that (except the defensive backfield) will stay the same. Ask me the exact same question in a month or two and I could give you a more accurate answer.

Love reading that you don't expect Feeney to leave. He will be an absolute beast if he stays.