Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierwhodey

Next Season/Offseason

I'm as excited about IUFB as I've ever been. I'm already looking forward to spring ball. What are you looking forward to seeing over the next 6 months. Here are mine.

1. Who stays/goes? Does Howard/Feeney go pro? Does Ricky Jones and Paige finish their last year of eligibility?

2. How do we finish the 2016 recruiting class? Do we flip any big names?

3. Does Wilson get an extension?

4. Who steps up as #2 RB behind Redding?

5. Who replaces Mangieri and Shaw on the edges?

6. Who separates themselves in the secondary?

I'm as excited about IUFB as I've ever been. I'm already looking forward to spring ball. What are you looking forward to seeing over the next 6 months. Here are mine.

1. Who stays/goes? Does Howard/Feeney go pro? Does Ricky Jones and Paige finish their last year of eligibility?

2. How do we finish the 2016 recruiting class? Do we flip any big names?

3. Does Wilson get an extension?

4. Who steps up as #2 RB behind Redding?

5. Who replaces Mangieri and Shaw on the edges?

6. Who separates themselves in the secondary?

1. Hoping both Howard and Feeney stay. I guess if I had to guess, I'd bet more for Feeney staying and Howard going. Though I don't think Howard has the pro prospectives that Coleman had, just because he isn't nearly as explosive. But hasn't he been on record he is gone? With Jones, and Paige, are they expected to leave? Couldn't really see either one really being seen as big NFL names, maybe just because they graduated and want to move on?

3. Didn't this already happen? He got a short extension, which seemed appropriate for both parties given his tenure so far.

4. Unless Howard surprises and comes back, forcing Redding to be his back up, then I liked Majette in his small sample size. Hope to see more of him.

In response to Question #4, it's sounding like Camion Patrick may fill a void at RB.

Will be interesting to see what position he plays next season. From all accounts, Camion seems to be an explosive and exciting player.

In response to Question #4, it's sounding like Camion Patrick may fill a void at RB.

Will be interesting to see what position he plays next season. From all accounts, Camion seems to be an explosive and exciting player.

I'd be extremely surprised if Camion played a snap at RB next year. He's a receiver, and our best one at that.

Also, both Jones and Paige will be back.

I'm interested to see the support of the program through fans putting butts in the seat, more specifically if students will show up and STAY the entire game.  This is a huge step the program needs to take that the players/coaches don't have a lot of control over.  Yes, winning games and being competitive throughout the entire game can help but fans (students) need to go and stay.  If we could develop even a bit of a home field advantage with noise and passion it could help a lot.

I'd be extremely surprised if Camion played a snap at RB next year. He's a receiver, and our best one at that.

Also, both Jones and Paige will be back.

In no way am I disagreeing with you assertion. However, he did line up at RB for the scout team in many practices and impressed from what I've read. CKW and McCullough have both spoke of this in pressers and said he's been splitting time between WR and RB in practice.

Of note, our WR crew should be solid next year with Jones, Paige, Simmie (if he can catch the ball), and others. RB is shaky if Howard does indeed leave.

It's not as if a WR to RB position change is uncommon or unsuccessful (think Prosise this year), especially when the WR is 225.

1. Hoping both Howard and Feeney stay. I guess if I had to guess, I'd bet more for Feeney staying and Howard going. Though I don't think Howard has the pro prospectives that Coleman had, just because he isn't nearly as explosive. But hasn't he been on record he is gone? With Jones, and Paige, are they expected to leave? Couldn't really see either one really being seen as big NFL names, maybe just because they graduated and want to move on?

3. Didn't this already happen? He got a short extension, which seemed appropriate for both parties given his tenure so far.

4. Unless Howard surprises and comes back, forcing Redding to be his back up, then I liked Majette in his small sample size. Hope to see more of him.

Actually, as far as I know, no extension has been announced. Just that there are negotiations going on.

In no way am I disagreeing with you assertion. However, he did line up at RB for the scout team in many practices and impressed from what I've read. CKW and McCullough have both spoke of this in pressers and said he's been splitting time between WR and RB in practice.

Of note, our WR crew should be solid next year with Jones, Paige, Simmie (if he can catch the ball), and others. RB is shaky if Howard does indeed leave.

It's not as if a WR to RB position change is uncommon or unsuccessful (think Prosise this year), especially when the WR is 225.

That would be a great problem to have.  Having a player who is equally effective as an RB and WR could add yet another dimension to this offense. 

In no way am I disagreeing with you assertion. However, he did line up at RB for the scout team in many practices and impressed from what I've read. CKW and [font='Helvetica Neue']McCullough have both spoke of this in pressers and said he's been splitting time between WR and RB in practice.[/font]

In no way am I disagreeing with you assertion. However, he did line up at RB for the scout team in many practices and impressed from what I've read. CKW and McCullough have both spoke of this in pressers and said he's been splitting time between WR and RB in practice.

I am well aware of the fact that he split time at RB. That's because all of the RBs on our team have seen time with the first team so most of the time they aren't with the scout team. He has never played RB during a team period and has never done individual work with the RBs so I would assume he won't switch.

Who would start over him? Diamont? He can hardly throw a pass past 20 yards, I would be shocked if he improves enough to start.

He looks a heck of a lot better in practice than he has in games. We will see what this offseason brings. Competition is closer than a lot of people may think.