Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierReb01

Pinstripe Bowl Post-Game Thread

CXMUEA5WEAEsD-V.jpg

doesnt look "inside" upright on the viewing. My first instinct was exactly this picture and slightly wide. Convinced by other view I was initially wrong and believed we were robbed. Seeing this view again. Not robbed? Just missed our chances. A million of them.

Good effort by our Hoosiers but at some point you have to learn how to win.

Still proud. Keep the trajectory going unlike our BB team please.

doesnt look "inside" upright on the viewing. My first instinct was exactly this picture and slightly wide. Convinced by other view I was initially wrong and believed we were robbed. Seeing this view again. Not robbed? Just missed our chances. A million of them.

Good effort by our Hoosiers but at some point you have to learn how to win.

Still proud. Keep the trajectory going unlike our BB team please.

we gave up to many big plays and the dropped to many passes and turned the ball over to much. When that all happens you can't get robbed because you invited the robbers into your own home and then gave permission to rob you imo

I think nearly every player on the field can point to a play where they messed up and it really hurt us. You just can't win games like that. You need positive consistency and you need some guys to be clutch or the whole team falls apart through a thousand cuts.

We lost this game over and over, whether it was through dropped passes, missed tackles, no safeties, interceptions, or blown kicks. We made pretty much every mistake you can make in football.

I hope the defensive players run tackling drills all season long until it's burned so far into their memory that they could it blindfolded.  There were several times when we could've had a player down after little to no gain, or even a loss, and the first tackler missed.

I think nearly every player on the field can point to a play where they messed up and it really hurt us. You just can't win games like that. You need positive consistency and you need some guys to be clutch or the whole team falls apart through a thousand cuts.

We lost this game over and over, whether it was through dropped passes, missed tackles, no safeties, interceptions, or blown kicks. We made pretty much every mistake you can make in football.

that is what I am saying not so brilliantly

I hope the defensive players run tackling drills all season long until it's burned so far into their memory that they could it blindfolded.  There were several times when we could've had a player down after little to no gain, or even a loss, and the first tackler missed.

Gave up 579 total yards and 3 guys rushed for at least 100 yards

. As a coach said once in a presser about a pro football team: " They are who we thought they were!"

Oh that wasn't a official warning. That was a "take a chill pill." Or a couple of jack and cokes.

I have drank plenty that is probably why I posted in anger. Bottom line you can't give that many big plays up and expect to win however we have a offense that gave us a chance but fell a bit short. Wasn't the day any of us wanted except BlueDevil2aHoosier

Lost in all the madness was how brilliant Wilson's call to get extra yards at the end of regulation was.

That was a great call and a well executed play. It's a shame things like that will inevitably get lost in the loss.

It's also somewhat fitting that today is bedsheet laundry day in our house and the reds come off and are replaced with the blues.

Oh my gosh you guys, it hasn't even been cold enough really for these sheets, but we use fleece sheets during the winter and it's amazing. The heat gets turned way down at night to make them more cozy (kid's room has a heater since she hates blankets). But, it's like sleeping inside an inside-out bear. It's so warm and fuzzy and amazing. The only downside is if you get into bed without drying your hands super well in the night and then it gets that gross wet fleece feeling. I don't know how it took me 30 years to discover these were a thing.

I fail to understand why in overtime, we think we need to trick people.  A reverse? Really?   We've run the ball well all night.  When we were patient, we threw it even better.  And then, we run a reverse on 2nd down. 

We drop a TD pass.  We fumble a punt when we've held them to a 3 and out.  We give them a 1st down with an offsides penalty.  We allow 4 huge plays for TD's; one following a declined penalty which would have put them in 1st and 20 deep in their own end.  Gave them at least 28 of their points.  At LEAST.

This was classic "we let them hang around."   Indiana was by and large the better football team.  Take away the big plays and Indiana dominates in just about every way it can.  Indiana shoots itself in the foot a-la Rutgers and loses a game to a very inferior opponent.  671 yards of total offense.  that's 2/5ths of a mile.  

I would staunchly disagree with anyone saying Wilson needs to go.  Our recruits are far better.  Our team is solid...and a good college football team much of the time.  We have holes and we struggle with big plays, along with "success."  We don't handle success well (see : fumbled punt return after a GREAT 3 and out, etc)   Everything within this program is getting better.  Our depth showed tonight, as a few young kids scored and played well. 

But we had no business losing that game.  Indiana needs to find ways to win, and tonight, we found ways to lose.  Coaching was not good late; but getting rid of Wilson is not the answer.  And we never should have been in position for the kick to matter.

Mike Miller ‏@MikeMillerHT

Kevin Wilson says it was Jordan Howard's call not to play. Wanted to play, didn't feel well enough.

Howard says he wants to go to the NFL draft, but given the amount of injuries this season, who's going to take a chance on a brittle 250 pound back?  I was disappointed in his inability to stay healthy.  Indiana wins at least 2 more games if he's on the field.