Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
mamasa

Curt Miller coaching WNBA Sun

How so?

CCM and a former long time assistant coach (male) had some sort of awkward encounter involving CCM hitting on the assistant coach and being shut down. COM apologized for the incident, I do not know if alcohol or anything was involved, but the two men got over it and moved on.

Later, the assistant was telling another assistant coach from the iufb staff about the incident, who then reported it to the athletic dept and the rest is history. Was kind of hastily handled and done, leaving iuwbb without a coach at a really bad time to hire.. so we offered and interviewed many top candidates, (most of whom are now at sec or other B1G schools) but none of the first 4 we offered were willing to start until next season.

The real loser here is Fred Glass who will never get credit for the excellent hire of curt miller.

Ironically enough, we still ended up with a coach miller on the court

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan31 said:

CCM and a former long time assistant coach (male) had some sort of awkward encounter involving CCM hitting on the assistant coach and being shut down. COM apologized for the incident, I do not know if alcohol or anything was involved, but the two men got over it and moved on.

Later, the assistant was telling another assistant coach from the iufb staff about the incident, who then reported it to the athletic dept and the rest is history. Was kind of hastily handled and done, leaving iuwbb without a coach at a really bad time to hire.. so we offered and interviewed many top candidates, (most of whom are now at sec or other B1G schools) but none of the first 4 we offered were willing to start until next season.

The real loser here is Fred Glass who will never get credit for the excellent hire of curt miller.

Ironically enough, we still ended up with a coach miller on the court

What connection do you have to the department to know this? I am not doubting you just curious.

I've heard about the first part and that he was forced to resign for some kind of inappropriate behavior involving a male assistant but what you describe in the second part is completely new to me and not anything I have seen written anywhere.  

I know the assistant

I don't want you to disclose the name of the assistant because that is not fair but was the unnamed assistant someone on Curt Miller's staff or was he an assistant for a different sport at IU? 

Tremendous coach, It's a real shame he isn't coaching here any longer. I do have confidence in Teri, real rough year this season with all the tranfers, etc. 

I'm losing confidence quickly..she is getting close to 20 transfers/quitting in 3 seasons. Few players have anything great to say. Ria gulley almost daily insults moren on social media while other current/former players like the posts..this year's schedule is still weak, despite her criticizing CCM for that exact thing. Constantly posting about reading books on positive leadership just makes me think that's a weakness. I think moren will last for her contract but maybe not too long after.

I'm losing confidence quickly..she is getting close to 20 transfers/quitting in 3 seasons. Few players have anything great to say. Ria gulley almost daily insults moren on social media while other current/former players like the posts..this year's schedule is still weak, despite her criticizing CCM for that exact thing. Constantly posting about reading books on positive leadership just makes me think that's a weakness. I think moren will last for her contract but maybe not too long after.

Hmm. I did not know about the former players not liking her. I guess when I think about it I haven't heard any players calling her amazing. The transfers are concerning, I think these next two years will tell us a lot about where the program is heading. 

I give kudos to CTM for continuing the progression that CCM started.  She's brought in some nice names (Penn, Patberg, etc), but the transfer rate, and roster size this year speak volumes.  If CTM does go, I really hope Glass puts a lot of effort into a new coach- I'd hate to lose momentum at this point.  I'll have to check out Gulley's stuff, wasn't aware of that.  Just the way that Foresman "didn't" speak told me a lot, she sounded defeated. 

I give kudos to CTM for continuing the progression that CCM started.  She's brought in some nice names (Penn, Patberg, etc), but the transfer rate, and roster size this year speak volumes.  If CTM does go, I really hope Glass puts a lot of effort into a new coach- I'd hate to lose momentum at this point.  I'll have to check out Gulley's stuff, wasn't aware of that.  Just the way that Foresman "didn't" speak told me a lot, she sounded defeated. 

Most of her controversial posts are on her private Instagram. Jess walter has also mentioned "ptsd" from indiana in posts. Like I said I'm optimistic by nature but I don't ignore signs of trouble. I know these big programs are good at making everything seem hunky dory..they often tell team members to tweet positive things about each other/the team so all is not always how it seems

Most of her controversial posts are on her private Instagram. Jess walter has also mentioned "ptsd" from indiana in posts. Like I said I'm optimistic by nature but I don't ignore signs of trouble. I know these big programs are good at making everything seem hunky dory..they often tell team members to tweet positive things about each other/the team so all is not always how it seems

But kids be soft these days, we all know that.

"PTSD" is ridiculous IMO to even joke about unless some crazy ish is going on behind the scenes.

Idk. I guess I need to reserve judgement because I don't have the facts.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners