Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Forum tipoff classic

I think you've mentioned that the event typically does not sell out and that tickets at the door on game day are not a problem.  Am I remembering correctly?  And if so, would you anticipate that not being possible this year given the star power of the teams involved?

There will be plenty of seats available at the door. Southport is huge and most only come for the school they are following. Last year the Wilkes vs Romeo game was packed but there was still seats. Southport seats a little over 7000

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Reminder forum tip-off classic is less then 2 weeks away Dec 9 at Southport. 10 bucks gets you 6 games starting at noon.   This is my favorite high school event that’s within driving distance.  In my opinion it’s the best event in the Midwest.  If anyone lives within driving distance you should make the trip.  Only down side is the IU game is the same day.  Let me know if anyone plans on going.  The WiFi at Southport sucks so it’s hard to update during the games.   Since I will be there from 11:30 am to at least 10:00 pm I also look forward to running the concession stand gauntlet of food throughout the day.  This is an awesome event and props to Brian Snow for putting this on every year 

1 minute ago, Treesh said:

Ostrom will be heading up there on 65 after the Ville' game. 

I say they take care of L'ville with a W and just go have a big IU party at Southport with the whole staff.  You know if the whole staff walk in I would guess that place would go nuts.  

Any chance of a sellout? I'm driving over from St Louis, but probably can't get there before halftime of the LN game.

Doubt it, Southport gym is huge. Last year Romeo vs Wilkes was a big game and while it was packed no where near sellout. If u get there for the LN game you will get a good seat

I'm going to try to sneak down there.  There's no way I can get away with being gone all afternoon (newborn, steady stream of in-laws to entertain).  Maybe I'll try to catch the second half with TJD, all of Phinisee, and then a little bit of Hunter/Anderson before I leave.  As much as I'd love to watch Romeo, I don't think I can swing it.

It's not by chance that I want to see Phinisee the most.  To me, he's the guy I know the least about, and I just can't get a feel for what kind of player he is.  Everyone that watches him play swears that he's under-ranked/under-recruited, and is always levels above the other guys on the floor.  I'd love to see some of that.

Maybe I'll see some of you there!  I'll be the sausage and marinara sub wearing a dark green jacket with a hood.  

Preview from Brian Snow

On Saturday at Southport High School the best in the state of Indiana will descend for a day of basketball at the FORUM Tip-Off Classic. The day, which is expected to draw Purdue Head Coach Matt Painter, Michigan's John Beilein, and assistant coaches from Kansas, Indiana, Vanderbilt, UCLA, and several others, will feature nearly all of the top prospects in the Hoosier State.

The matchup headlining the event is a battle of five-stars and potential McDonald's All-Americans. Class of 2018 shooting guard Romeo Langford and 2019 small forward Keion Brooks. Langford and Brooks have never met on the court in an organized game before, but arguably the two prospects will face off against each other on Saturday.

Langford is considering Indiana, Kansas, and Vanderbilt, and is expected to decided sometime in the next few months, while Brooks has offers from Kentucky, Indiana, Purdue, Michigan State, UCLA, Kansas, and a host of other programs. Look for Brooks to continue to take his time in his recruitment.

Preceding the matchup between Langford and Brooks will be a battle of future Indiana Hoosiers. Pickerington (Ohio) North will travel west to Indianapolis to matchup with South Bend Riley. Pickerington North features four-star forward Jerome Hunter while South Bend Riley has four-star forward Damezi Anderson. Both prospects committed to the Hoosiers on the same day, and now will face each other on the court.

Anderson is one of the best long range shooters in the Midwest, while Hunter has been as complete a forward as anybody around the region over the past nine months. It is very possible that this duo starts next to each other or the Hoosiers for at least one year during their time in Bloomington.

Before that battle, two of the best guards in the Midwest who will be future heated rivals face each other. Robert Phinisee and McCutcheon will take on Eric Hunter and Tindley. Phinisee is a true floor general who has signed with the Hoosiers, while Hunter is a scoring combo guard who is headed to Purdue. The two are considered big pieces to the puzzle for their future teams, and there has always been a debate as to whom is a better prospect. Now as seniors they get to faceoff on a big stage.

Also on the docket is Hamilton Southeastern taking on Center Grove. What is intriguing about this game is four-star class of 2019 prospect Trayce Jackson-Davis is going against 2020 big man Mabor Majak. Jackson-Davis has offers from Indiana, Michigan State, and Purdue, and considered one of the top rising talents in the Midwest. Majak is a true 7-footer who is getting better every single day, and has made big strides already this year.

Majak has an offer from Bradley and made recent visits to Xavier, Purdue, and Indiana.

Finally some of the better young guards in the state will also be in attendance. Class of 2019 guard Alex Hemenway of Castle will be in action at noon. Hemenway has offers from Creighton, Xavier, Butler, and Clemson with interest from Indiana and Purdue. Also class of 2020 prospect Trey Galloway of Culver Academy will be playing, and Galloway is firmly on the high-major radar.

Here is the full schedule of the event

12:00 - Castle v Southport

1:40 - Culver Academy v Lawrence North

3:20 - Hamilton Southeastern v Center Grove

5:00 - McCutcheon v Tindley

6:40 - Pickerington North v South Bend Riley

8:30 - New Albany v Fort Wayne North Side

Yes, thank you! Might need a break at some point for the IU game or non concession food.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Run the concession gauntlet. Lol. Use it as a cheat day. I know when I come to the tip-off classic I’m going to gain a little weight: papa johns Chick-Fil-A are available, taco in a bag, nachos, hot dog. Part of the fun of this awesome day