Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Forum tipoff classic

Again I come to forum classic and again I am not impressed with what I see from Malik Williams. Body language is bad again and zach gunn is out working him. The stat line will be impressive for Williams but watching him in person I just don't see it. He refuses to bang down low and most of his points scored were because he was just taller. Right now he is a speciality stretch 4 player with no inside game. Gunn is a interesting prospect in my eyes. I think he is a project for a high level school with upside or he could be a stud at a mid major school. He totally outworked and pushed Williams off the block at will. I see why the scouts are drooling over Williams I just don't see the fire in his eyes that u need. For him I hope pitino brings it out of him. He will want him to play down low and right now Malik can't.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Good breakdown. Honestly Louisville is probably a good spot for him. They always seem to have 3 or 4 guys near 7 feet. Williams will probably be a stretch 4 there or even a 3.

Clifton Moore is our version. Apparently they had a good matchup against one another already. It will continue.

Thanks for the updates Usps. Did you happen to catch any of these freshman - PG Mike Saunders (Lawrence North), SF Julian Hunter (New Albany) and C Mabor Majak (HSE).

Cc I would keep an eye on dexter shouse from lawerence north as well. He is originally from terre haute but transferred as a freshman.

31 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Cc I would keep an eye on dexter shouse from lawerence north as well. He is originally from terre haute but transferred as a freshman.

Thanks, he's probably in the top 5 for the '19 class. Majak, Hunter, Saunders and Hunter Jackson (Tech) are top freshman.

Mark your calendars i talked with Brian Snow on twitter and it looks like this year's classic will be December 9th. He said details of the teams will come later but it will be another loaded field. I highly recommend this event to anyone near Southport or anyone who would want to drive in town to watch some of Indiana's best high school players play all day

Huge chance I'll try to get there.  This will be fun.

I've gone the last 3 years it hasn't disappointed yet besides watching Gelon score 0 points

For those interested it is 10 bucks for the whole day and Southport is huge so there will be no problem getting tickets the day of the event