Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

PrideofFeeLane

(2017) G Jalen Adaway

I'm by no means an insider and this is by no means any prediction, but I was talking to two guys tonight that grew up around Jalen and they said IU is his preferred destination as of right now. I know a lot can change between now and his senior year but it's nice to know we seem to be at the top for now.

I'm by no means an insider and this is by no means any prediction, but I was talking to two guys tonight that grew up around Jalen and they said IU is his preferred destination as of right now. I know a lot can change between now and his senior year but it's nice to know we seem to be at the top for now.

He has a lot of family that are IU fans but up until now he still hasnt gotten an offer from Crean. I know that Buckley has made a visit or two to see him play, but I think Adaway is on their second tier of recruits as of right now. 2017 is such a huge class and I think Crean and co. are all in on Wilkes and Scruggs right now.

Kepner is spot on.  Adaway has offers from IUPUI, Indiana St. and Toledo.  He has a lot of major D-1 schools following and watching including IU, PUke and Butler.  IU reportedly told him they wanted to see him work on his ball handling and outside shooting because they don't see him playing inside.  He's listed at 6'4" and likely done growing but even though he can leap like a gazelle, he won't be able to constantly battle inside against the bigs.  At most high schools, a player like Adaway would be his team's primary inside big man because of his height and jumping ability.  To his credit the Logansport coach moved him outside this season and he's doing a lot of outside ball handling and 3-point shooting.  His quickness also allows him to penetrate from the outside.  He plays on the same AAU team with Wilkes, Scruggs, Gunn, etc.  I suspect a lot of eyes will be on him this summer on the AAU circuit and how he plays this summer will determine just which major D-1 schools make formal offers.  As Kepner noted, the '17 class is loaded and today, Adaway is most likely a 2nd tier recruit.

He has a lot of family that are IU fans but up until now he still hasnt gotten an offer from Crean. I know that Buckley has made a visit or two to see him play, but I think Adaway is on their second tier of recruits as of right now. 2017 is such a huge class and I think Crean and co. are all in on Wilkes and Scruggs right now.

Wow I didn't realize we hadn't yet offered

Heard that early in the season and beginning to think there's some truth to it.

I will add I don't think it is Adaways fault by any means. He continues to find the open man on fastbreaks and is more than willing to pass. I personally feel there is some jealousy on the other part but I could be totally wrong. Heard there was a certain amount of shots set by dad that has to be taken per game.

I will add I don't think it is Adaways fault by any means. He continues to find the open man on fastbreaks and is more than willing to pass. I personally feel there is some jealousy on the other part but I could be totally wrong. Heard there was a certain amount of shots set by dad that has to be taken per game.

Recipe for success  :yes:

Team is cooked. Heard from one of the coaches there's a rift between Adaway and Jennings about who can score more.

Yeah I heard that since the beginning of the season as well, but that things had been patched up. That was before they started to lose though. After the loss there were players crying and I think old wounds started to open up again