Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

Indiana vs Duke Game Thread

I'm very excited for this game. Do I expect us to win, not so much, but I'm still excited to play a tough non-conference road game at Duke. Jay Williams said it best, we can lose to any one, but we can also beat anyone. If we shoot like we did last night, we will win!

I know we are down HoosierNation, but let's get pumped up! Hoosiers gonna stomp some Dukie Floopers tomorrow night!

I got offered a ticket for $200. You think I should take it?

I'm conflicted. If we lose and stay competitive, I can live with it. If we play like we did in Maui not sure I could stand the embarrassment in front of another school.

If all we do is clunk 3's off the rim we're doomed.  Need to drive the ball as BlueDevil mentioned in the opening post.  Need to do a far better job of blocking Duke off the boards and not allow them the number of offensive rebounds we allowed Alcorn State to grab.  It's almost hard to say without laughing but we need to play DEFENSE and not allow open drives to the bucket.   Thus far TB has stayed out of serious foul trouble and I'm very concerned that this game might change that and force him to play limited minutes.  I honestly don't know what to expect out of this team.  Will we fight for the full 40 minutes or will it basically be over early in the 2nd half?

I was so jacked up when I saw this game hit the schedule (even inquired of many people to try to get tickets), but after the Maui debacle, I honestly don't even care, which is very, very sad.  

I haven't watched a game since Wake (and my subsquent ban) and am debating if I should watch/DVR the game.  I think that we are going to get absolutely smoked, as Duke will take advantage of all of the TOs and our (nonexistent) defense will let them get to the hoop. Coach K is a master at his craft and will take advantage of IU's weaknesses.

What a sad, sad day.

Why aren't you all pumped for this game? This is the kind of game on which Crean has built his legacy at Indiana: winning HUGE games during the regular season when all hope seems lost. Honestly, it would not surprise me at all to see Crean pull this off. Duke's defense, specifically on the perimeter, is suspect, and they lack a polished post game. Grayson Allen will probably score 33 points on 6-7 3PT shooting, but I bet this turns into a shootout, with neither team committing to playing any kind of defense. This is a game our shooters can win, as long as Bryant can at least compete in the post.

If we can get some early shots to fall, we'll have a great showing. I don't know that it will be good enough to win (though, I took us in the pick'ems) but we will definitely be there the whole time. If we have trouble early starting our offense, we won't start our defense and we'll be massacred.

Cameron is one of the (or the) hardest places to win on the road. The crowd is incredible, the design of the arena makes them right in the player's faces, and the students are outrageous. Duke will be pumped up, we'll be pumped up, it's going to be huge.

Duke's biggest weakness is the 3 on both ends of the court. They also like to play slow. I want to see us forcing them to speed up and moving the ball to open up 3s when we can't find an open lane. And to force them to take more 3s than they would like. If we can get them to do that, we can win or at least seriously compete. 

The trouble is, Duke hasn't faced a team like us so it's hard to predict.

Not expecting much to be honest. I would love to win.. but with our recent play, i don't see this game being close at all. All i ask if for good offense, good sets, and hard defense. If we can do that, then that's a W. 

At this point, we can only hope for development. 

Sorry BlueDevil.  I cannot stand the Duke student section.  They are the most obnoxious fan base out there.

I would love the Hoosiers to take the steam out of their engine.

This would totally be redeeming and I would gladly forgive and forget Maui.