Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IndyHutch

Bowl Possibilities: Where could IU end up playing?

There appear to be seven possible bowl locations where Indiana could end up playing. Here is a list as well as some information about packages sponsored through the IU Alumni Association.

The official bowl announcement for Indiana won’t be made until Sunday, Dec. 6.

Behind the scenes, I’m hearing that New York City on Dec. 26 could be a strong possibility. At the same though there are several possible options.

Indiana sent out an email to alumni today that said that there are seven possible bowl locations for the Hoosiers. Those include:

Foster Farms Bowl
Dec. 26
Santa Clara, Calif.
9:15 p.m. ET

New Era Pinstripe Bowl
Dec. 26
New York City, NY
3:30 p.m. ET

Quick Lane Bowl
Dec. 28
Detroit, Mich.
5 p.m. ET

Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl
Dec. 29
Fort Worth, Texas
2 p.m. ET

Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl
Dec. 30
Nashville, Tenn.
7 p.m. ET

Holiday Bowl
Dec. 30
San Diego, Calif.
10:30 p.m. ET

TaxSlayer Bowl
Jan. 2
Jacksonville, Fla.
12 p.m. ET

According to the email, priority tickets must be ordered through the IU athletic department for bowl games by Dec. 7.

For official IU Alumni Association travel packages and to receive more information on bowl-related events, visit iusportstours.com.

Also according to the email, all ticket requests made through the IU Athletics Department will be filled and allocated based on the IU Athletics Priority Point Policy.

[url=https://btownbanners.com/page/index.html/_/football/news-notes/bowl-possibilities-where-could-iu-end-up-playing-r275]Click here to view the article[/url]

I got an email from IU on the possible bowls and looked at the Nashville one only. They listed ticket prices at $85 and I assume those are preferred ticket pricing but then looked at the bowl page and they had tickets as low as $25. Anyone know what the difference is?

Pinstripe and Farms are the most likely.

Crimson Cast had an awesome analysis this week of the options.

I'll try and do it from memory...

12 Big Ten bowl spots. MSU to playoffs, Iowa to Rose Bowl. OSU to Orange.

Next tier is Citrus, Outback, and Holiday. They're above us Michigan, NW, Wisco

Music City and TaxSlayer trade between ACC and Big Ten. Big Ten was in TaxSlayer last year, they'll probably go ACC. So, Music City. Probably PSU.

Quick Lane and Armed Forces are not good bowls. We should not fall to them.

So, it's pretty much Pinstripe or Foster Farms. We might sneak into Music City over PSU. Coach Franklin isn't very welcome in Tennessee, so they might get skipped and we take that one.

Indiana has a massive NYC fanbase, so probably Pinstripe over Foster Farms. It also gives us an ACC opponent instead of a Pac-12 which is good for us. Pac-12 offenses are scary when you don't have a defense. It would be like a 90 point game.

That's fitting since we're a football school now and can use that game as vengeance.

I think they're right. When are selections made today?

Looks like they're announced from 4-6 Eastern on ESPNU. I'm sure we'll hear for certain before though.

Sidenote: Why does the CFP selection show need to be 4 hours? (I know why, but good lord)