Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Does Zander stay or go? I think this is a valid question. Cameron surprised me against PSU and loved what I saw in the passing. From what I have heard king and Ramsey might be diamonds. So I just want to hear some analysis from you all. Does the confident Zander put the time and money (he has it) in. Go to manning camp or hire a QB guru and bring out some WRs to Cali and let them practice on timing. Because I do believe if we have a decent scrambler then we could be unstoppable down the road in CKW offense. Happy sunday

Diamont has a LONG ways to go to be a passer.  I would still bring in a JUCO QB to hopefully let Diamont redshirt finally because he could really use it.  Honestly though, it doesn't bother me a bit that a QB isn't a runner because that's not their job; and I've seen too many "dual threat" QBs that looked to run first and weren't good passers.

Love Zander too but I agree with the board here that he has a long way to go. JUCO QB would be about perfect but doesn't totally guarantee production. Coffman is a good case point, he was OK but never seemed to have the total package Wilson wanted. I'm anxious to see how king looks if and when he is ready. He seems to be a forgotten player. Here's to one more with Nate at the helm and trusting the coaches to get it solves so we don't take a step back next season

Love Zander too but I agree with the board here that he has a long way to go. JUCO QB would be about perfect but doesn't totally guarantee production. Coffman is a good case point, he was OK but never seemed to have the total package Wilson wanted. I'm anxious to see how king looks if and when he is ready. He seems to be a forgotten player. Here's to one more with Nate at the helm and trusting the coaches to get it solves so we don't take a step back next season

King looked like a good prospect out of highschool so I'm hopeful on him, but not sure if he'll be ready yet or not.

Really need a QB,
Zander has a ton of heart, runs well, but has little touch, accuracy or arm strength.
Without a QB it will be like Wilson's first year in which many expected him to do a lot with the large number of
letterman he inherited (there were a lot of " imagine what he will do with all of this talent"comments) but the graduation of Ben Chappel
was a huge loss. Suds graduating will also hurt a ton unless we find someone.

For CKW's offense to work you need a QB who can threaten the entire field with his arm, like Suds. Zander's arm strength certainly improved between his freshmen and sophomore year. But like a pitcher in baseball with velocity, every QB has a natural limit on how far and hard they can throw the ball. Zander is a hell of a competitor and athlete, but it would be smart to bring in a strong armed JUCO/graduate transfer.

Agree with most everyone.  Zander is so weak throwing the ball, he makes Indiana one-dimensional.  However, with his speed and Howard's power (assuming Howard returns), we can run a hell of a read-option game.  If Howard is not back, Zander simply cannot be the quarterback if this team is to continue moving forward.   We've got receivers to burn next season, and we need to use them.  If a QB can run AND throw, AND we have Howard back, 7-8 wins should be available to Indiana next year.

And I'll end every post with this as long as I remember to do it :

Purdue's cheap and dirty.  I hope we beat 'em by 100.

I seriously doubt Zander starts for us next year. I've heard a lot of positives about King and I think we are in pretty good shape to land Lagow, I think our competition is UNLV and Colorado St. Extending CKWs contract before the Dec 15th signing period would go a long way towards landing him imo. If we can get him inked then he will be eligible for spring practice.

The 15 extra bowl practices will be a huge benefit to King. He should get some reps with the receivers he'll be throwing to next year. I love Zanders grit, but he should never be more than a capable fill-in. If he progresses as much this off-season as he did last, adds a few more pounds, he could easily be just that. Could possibly run some wildcat type packages even.

Wilson is not opposed to running QBs, he adapts to his personnel. He had running QBs at Miami,OH and N'western and recruited Rhett Bomar at OU. After Bomar ran afoul of  NCAA rules, Wilson plugged in a three-star guy named Bradford and two years later had the highest scoring offense in NCAA history.

Nobody realizes how bad last years QB situation played out more than Wilson. I would be surprised if we see a repeat in the near future.