Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

IU vs St. John's Post Game Thread

We had a very rigid team last year that had little margin of error. This team has more talent, more experience, and more versatility than last year's team.

My post doesn't imply whatsoever that last year's performance is satisfactory for the 15-16 squad.

I'm simply saying that we are a highly-talented team that has glaring issues BUT we have the talent and experience to overcome them over the next few months.

I remember when I thought the issues this team has would change. /sigh

Don't worry, that feeling won't last.

Jay Williams did a great job earlier. Did much else get said?

No leadership

No heart

Players should be embarrassed how they played defense

Can win/lose to anyone in the country

Team is fragile

Win against St. John's was a baby step

Knows Yogi and some of the players on the team and they're good kids

Rumor is that Tom Crean was overheard whispering to Matur Maker today: "If I could save time in a bottle, the first thing that I'd like to do is to save every day 'til eternity passes away just to spend them with you." Can anyone confirm this?

I've heard from reliable sources he did not say this.

He passed it on a message in a bottle.

Rumor is that Tom Crean was overheard whispering to Matur Maker today: "If I could save time in a bottle, the first thing that I'd like to do is to save every day 'til eternity passes away just to spend them with you." Can anyone confirm this?

I heard he said "I've been thinking about you a lot lately."

No leadership
No heart
Players should be embarrassed how they played defense
Can win/lose to anyone in the country
Team is fragile
Win against St. John's was a baby step
Knows Yogi and some of the players on the team and they're good kids

Wonder how Glass and Co feel about these comments? Not that they care.

Lots of ability but a very low basketball IQ

In a way I do not like to say this because kids are born with different personalities/wills/temperament etc but
JB reminds me of Bracey Wright. Has some good shooting nights, D seems to be "take it or leave it" and his visible persona (may feel differently internally) projects that winning or losing does not matter all that much. NBA is surely his goal but without more toughness, lateral quickness and 2-3 more inches it is unlikely he will be playing his pro ball in the US (like Bracey).
Hope it changes/improves, for his sake and selfishly because I want IU to win, and we have to remember he is only a soph, but not sure it will.

In a way I do not like to say this because kids are born with different personalities/wills/temperament etc but
JB reminds me of Bracey Wright. Has some good shooting nights, D seems to be "take it or leave it" and his visible persona (may feel differently internally) projects that winning or losing does not matter all that much. NBA is surely his goal but without more toughness, lateral quickness and 2-3 more inches it is unlikely he will be playing his pro ball in the US (like Bracey).
Hope it changes/improves, for his sake and selfishly because I want IU to win, and we have to remember he is only a soph, but not sure it will.

That's hilarious cause I thought the exact same thing today

Loving Jay Williams, such a barebones basketball guy. He strips down the entire IU team, and goes after the root of our problems. No leadership, no defensive fundamentals, and lacks fire.

Seems to me Jay Williams analysis would make good bulletin board material. He's spot on.

I was happy to get the win today but disappointed with how we responded to our first loss. I was hoping to see us dismantle the Johnnies.  I am worried about UNLV because they have tough inside players we will have to prove we can stop.  One more chance to redeem ourselves tomorrow. Go IU!

I was happy to get the win today but disappointed with how we responded to our first loss. I was hoping to see us dismantle the Johnnies.  I am worried about UNLV because they have tough inside players we will have to prove we can stop.  One more chance to redeem ourselves tomorrow. Go IU!

I can see Troy having a huge game against UNLV but not sure how JBJ responds against long athletes.

Anyone happen to have this saved on DVR still? Hope this is ok to post....

My 5 year old son was at the game and is so bummed out that I missed the text that said to watch out for him on TV. He wanted me to see him (he event told me he waved and said hi mama) and also take a picture because he wanted to see what he looked like on TV.

IF he was on it was before the second half started as they came back to live coverage after all the espn2 half time stuff- he was right behind the TV announcers. Wearing candy stripe pants, a red shirt with a #24 jersey over. And red beads and red glassed the iuaa was handing out. Can anyone help me by checking to see if he was on, and if so snapping a pic? Thanks so much!

For the first tine in 10 years, I did not watch an IU game... It's not the loss to Wake. It's that my fandom is broken right now for this team because its setting in that I'm watching another "decent" IU squad with UBER effin talent. 10 years and it took a team "ranked" to break me. I'll leave my thoughts about coach to that other thread

For the first tine in 10 years, I did not watch an IU game... It's not the loss to Wake. It's that my fandom is broken right now for this team because its setting in that I'm watching another "decent" IU squad with UBER effin talent. 10 years and it took a team "ranked" to break me. I'll leave my thoughts about coach to that other thread

hang in there we get another chance today to fix our crap although one day isn't going to prove anything. This team has talent if God is willing crean will get it figured out soon but if not I think one way or another it will work it's way out. Brighter days are ahead. I have been a fan since 85 and I will say this is the darkest time I remember. Davis didn't have the horses crean has so this is definitely worse but I have faith we will turn the corner soon

Anyone happen to have this saved on DVR still? Hope this is ok to post....

My 5 year old son was at the game and is so bummed out that I missed the text that said to watch out for him on TV. He wanted me to see him (he event told me he waved and said hi mama) and also take a picture because he wanted to see what he looked like on TV.

IF he was on it was before the second half started as they came back to live coverage after all the espn2 half time stuff- he was right behind the TV announcers. Wearing candy stripe pants, a red shirt with a #24 jersey over. And red beads and red glassed the iuaa was handing out. Can anyone help me by checking to see if he was on, and if so snapping a pic? Thanks so much!

I do have it on DVR still but I don't see anything you describe... There is a kid in Candy Stripe pants and a 24 jersey, but no shirt underneath, no beads, & no glasses