Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

KelleyHoosh

Wake Forest Post Game Thread

While I'm pretty mad at tonight's outcome, I was very happy with Robert Johnson. He played better than anyone IMO. He needs to start over JBJ every game, but I don't see it happen.

Props RoJo, keep it up!

Completely agree, his best effort to date.

While I'm pretty mad at tonight's outcome, I was very happy with Robert Johnson. He played better than anyone IMO. He needs to start over JBJ every game, but I don't see it happen.

Props RoJo, keep it up!

The last two buckets by Crawford Rob was our defender. He may have been turning his man to the help that did not show but both times his man scored

I thought that was the case. I have noticed this for years and if I didn't love the hoosiers it would be funny but our plays after timeout are comical we almost never get a shot off and if we do it is our star player one on one and then forcing up some kind of well contested prayer not good at all

IU was actually top 5 in PPP ATO in 2012-2013. 

I normally try to pump some sunshine, but I really don't see anything positive right now only besides the fact that it's the third game, and we have a long season ahead of us to turn this around and forget about this game. Unfortunately I didn't win the prediction game for tonight :/

It's not just JB though. We were hedging them and giving them driving angles then never trapping them. Can't have 1 without the other. Shouldn't take 30 minutes of watching this to figure it out. Ineptitude.

That was mind boggling. WTH were we doing? And why did we keep doing it?

JBJ is turning into one of my least favorite players on this team. The way he carries himself on the floor, does't show much emotion after a big win or a tough loss like this one. Doesn't seem too depressed over overjoyed at any moment like TB or Yogi. And he shot 1-8 from the field, 1-6 on threes, with that one pointer making me outraged that he shot it, 4 turnovers, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 5 points. Just a dismal night for JBJ and he probably is only worrying about whether he'll get drafted 1st or 2nd round. Hopefully that quote from Dakich re-energizes him and makes him play some D, whether he likes it or not.

The last two buckets by Crawford Rob was our defender. He may have been turning his man to the help that did not show but both times his man scored

I understand, but our guards were playing to defend the top of the key, while our bigs were supposed to defend the basket. The last one was on TB, he failed to help like he was supposed to. The last shot that went in was lucky. He just threw it up and got lucky. However, I wish we would have got lucky!

So we lost...as a fan, I can take a loss and say "Well, those are the breaks, go get em next time." But, the WAY we lost this one, makes me wonder if we really can go get em. I'm on the fence about this group. JBJ? Average. Troy? Amazing, but I sometimes secretly wish he played for someone else. TB? Hope that was the worst he can be. I'm interested to see how hard we play tomorrow. That will be telling. Losing today won't kill our chances. Losing tomorrow or even winning ugly just might. I for one am going to give the guys a chance to respond.

So we lost...as a fan, I can take a loss and say "Well, those are the breaks, go get em next time." But, the WAY we lost this one, makes me wonder if we really can go get em. I'm on the fence about this group. JBJ? Average. Troy? Amazing, but I sometimes secretly wish he played for someone else. TB? Hope that was the worst he can be. I'm interested to see how hard we play tomorrow. That will be telling. Losing today won't kill our chances. Losing tomorrow or even winning ugly just might. I for one am going to give the guys a chance to respond.

I can dig this but good to great teams don't do this.  They have coaches or players that hold each other accountable.  I didn't see anything in that game that showed me there is any leadership on this team.  That has me questioning how much this team can win.