Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IndyHutch

Analysis: Indiana football about to do the improbable

Great read and I agree that IU will likely beat Purdue. I felt the same way for the same reasons. If a couple of things broke differently, this team could've pulled some big upsets this year.

People are quick to point out that hypotheticals don't matter or that you can't discount things that DID happen, and to an extent I agree. But in certain cases I think that's being intentionally obtuse. It's not like this team was lucky. They consistently took it to top ranked teams before running out of gas or simply succumbing because of a lack of talent.

All things considered, if Indiana hadn't let the foot off the gas against Rutgers, they'd be 6-5. If you told everyone before the season that in those 5 losses they'd have taken OSU, UM, and MSU, and Iowa deep into the fourth, people would probably say that is a great season. Little things like that matter. It's a shame all those games got dropped or there would be a lot more happy feelings around the program. It's unfortunate the team will probably take a step back next year if they lose Howard along with Sudfeld

Great read and I agree that IU will likely beat Purdue. I felt the same way for the same reasons. If a couple of things broke differently, this team could've pulled some big upsets this year.

People are quick to point out that hypotheticals don't matter or that you can't discount things that DID happen, and to an extent I agree. But in certain cases I think that's being intentionally obtuse. It's not like this team was lucky. They consistently took it to top ranked teams before running out of gas or simply succumbing because of a lack of talent.

All things considered, if Indiana hadn't let the foot off the gas against Rutgers, they'd be 6-5. If you told everyone before the season that in those 5 losses they'd have taken OSU, UM, and MSU, and Iowa deep into the fourth, people would probably say that is a great season. Little things like that matter. It's a shame all those games got dropped or there would be a lot more happy feelings around the program. It's unfortunate the team will probably take a step back next year if they lose Howard along with Sudfeld

Very easily coulda went into conference play 2-2 or 1-3. We tried to lose a couple of those games. I agree though we had pieces to compete with the big boys for stretches.