Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierReb01

Indiana vs. Maryland Post-Game Thread

When was the last time our D went 3 quarters giving up only a TD?  Very impressive.  The D is capable of being solid, but all to often the playcalling is just horrid

If we do keep Wilson after this year, I think Knorr needs to go defense shouldn't be so inconsistent its just not acceptable.  Defense is supposed to be the side of the ball thats easier to be consistent. 

I'm not really opposed to Wilson coming back, although I do think he's too offense focused for his own good, but I want to see us do something about the defense.  Knorr just hasn't been particularly impressive and all too often it's Mallory-esque.  I also think if he's brought back we should expect to see some of those close losses flip to Ws at this point in his tenure.

A few thoughts...

- First off, we got the win. That means more than anything else. Had to get it and we got it.

- Defensively... I just...I can't... it's disappointing. Guys, Maryland threw a bunch of backups and inexperienced players on the field and still put up nearly 500 yards. That's not good. Yes, the second half was better, but it's like what happens when opposing defenses see Diamont on the field. You know they don't feel comfortable throwing it. We had things fall our way for the defense from a Maryland personnel standpoint. That Cockerill kid was something like their 4th string QB. He was uncomfortable, just like the QB was for Wake Forest. They're not good players right now. You've got to really look hard to find how our defense is any better than our normal dismal state. Had they had anything resembling decent QB play, this would have been a different ball game.

- However, the offense got it together and Sudfeld did a wonderful job leading the team back to victory. 5 total TDs. Very composed. Played like a senior who knows his time as a Hoosier is coming to a close. Spirited effort. Not only did we come back, we stepped on their throats and buried them. Great job.

- Good for Andre Booker. I felt he was robbed of a great catch last week was a bogus offensive PI call. But he nabbed a couple today.

- Redding isn't in the same league as Howard, that's clear. (And I am puzzled why we continue to hand him the ball on 3rd & 8 or run him up the middle so often.) But, I think he's slowly improving. He filled in admirably this afternoon. If he can continue to be patient and wait for his blocks (something Howard excels at) he has potential to be a play-maker. He has what it takes to be our #1 RB against Purdue. And we'll need his best effort.

- Cobbs had his best game from a statistical standpoint. Showed good effort on several plays. And he has the potential to be a very good receiver. But he is going to have to be more consistent in catching the ball. Going to have to be more focused. He probably would have had over 250 yards and a TD if he would have been more sure-handed. Still, he's blossoming as a player and will be vital to our success next week and beyond. Good game today, though. He still dominated.

- I hope Howard and Feeney are able to play next week. I'm wanting to say Feeney came back out? Regardless, they're two of our top three best players. For 3rd & 2 situations, these guys are vital.

- It all comes down to Purdue. So much to play for next week. Boilers. Bucket. Bowl. Anything less than our most inspired and determined effort of the season will be a disappointment.

I'm not really opposed to Wilson coming back, although I do think he's too offense focused for his own good, but I want to see us do something about the defense.  Knorr just hasn't been particularly impressive and all too often it's Mallory-esque.  I also think if he's brought back we should expect to see some of those close losses flip to Ws at this point in his tenure.

I could debate either way bringing Wilson back but Knorr is a must go. This defense has been terrible thoughout the year. If Wilson insists on Knorr staying he can go too.

Pretty solid turnout of IU fans at the game today! Lots of here we go again looks after falling 21-3, but the offense looked great after that. There were some Rutgers jokes heading into the fourth quarter, but UMD was no threat to score points quickly through the air like Rutgers was.

Sudfeld made some NFL throws today. Mitchell Paige is a scrappy player, very fun to watch. Offensive line did a spectacular job pass blocking outside of the fumble sack. And Simmie Cobbs is going to be a BEAST! Hard to believe he's only a sophomore and a former defensive player. Another offseason under his belt as a WR and he has a chance to play on Sunday's.

Pretty solid turnout of IU fans at the game today! Lots of here we go again looks after falling 21-3, but the offense looked great after that. There were some Rutgers jokes heading into the fourth quarter, but UMD was no threat to score points quickly through the air like Rutgers was.

Sudfeld made some NFL throws today. Mitchell Paige is a scrappy player, very fun to watch. Offensive line did a spectacular job pass blocking outside of the fumble sack. And Simmie Cobbs is going to be a BEAST! Hard to believe he's only a sophomore and a former defensive player. Another offseason under his belt as a WR and he has a chance to play on Sunday's.

Where were you sitting?

I was proud with how vocal the fans were. I know we come out in droves for BB but was uncertain about FB. We were loud!!! WTG Hoosier fans! :)