Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

lucel15

Fire Knorr.... Hire me or anyone of us on here.

I am starting this because I strongly dislike knorr. Cool new scheme to get people hyped. Well it doesn't work if you can't execute and can't teach kids the fundamentals. I like Wilson I really do. I want knorr gone. Heck find a top D3 defensive coord or head coach to take his spot.

I can't find too many reasons to be happy with the defense, but I'm going to give all you guys who want Knorr gone something to chew on. Knorr is not playing his defensive scheme at this point. He's converting to a 3-4 defense with guys who were recruited to play a 4-3. So right now they seem to be playing a hybrid or a mixture of schemes. Even that I don't think is the worst of the problem. The worst of it is a really young secondary, with very little depth. I'm not privy to the coaches thinking, but it seems to me that we are continually playing the defense that "hurts the least" or is basically soft defense. Essentially, we're playing the best scheme our personnel allow. A extended Prevent. Now maybe Knorr doesn't get the job done, admittedly at IU he has been unimpressive so far, but I'm really not seeing where changing DC's is a automatic solution to making the D better. Based on his history, I'd be inclined to say lets see what he can build. 

I can't even figure out what he's TRYING to do.   When we give up big plays, 3-4 and sometimes 5 guys are grossly out of position.  I don't get it.  Sometimes, offensive guys make great plays.  That happens.  But Jeezus.....when a guy can just take a basic off tackle or stretch run play and go 75 yards untouched, we have a problem.

Then its back on Wilson. We've basically had half a team for 2 years. The offense doing what it can to give us a chance and the defense flat out giving it away. Honestly I fail to believe there isn't enough talent on this team to have even a mediocre defense.

Then its back on Wilson. We've basically had half a team for 2 years. The offense doing what it can to give us a chance and the defense flat out giving it away. Honestly I fail to believe there isn't enough talent on this team to have even a mediocre defense.

If you're just looking to blame somebody, you can blame CKW or Knorr. Not sure it makes any real difference at this point. What I'm more interested in is, are they going to fix it?

Talent? At certain positions, yes. I just think too much of our defense is trying to cover for our secondary. There are some young and under-experienced players there, and they have talent, but we don't even have enough of them to properly sub in and out. Hell, we threw a WR in there today. Some of the DB's could use some pine time to get some help remembering to keep the play in front of them, but who the hell is going to play while they get it? D-line has improved to the mediocre range, generally feel like the LB's are ok, but the secondary is a Achille's heel.

Muhahahaha I started something bad..... Didn't mean to. I know we have a young defense. And as one of the comments above. I was very underwhelmed with this hire. Yes he's running a mix of packages that's great. However...... I need to see fight out of the coach for heavens sake. The kids did a lot better today.... Take out some huge plays we kill them by 400 today. I just wish we could get someone to fork up cash where it needs to be forked up. Keep johns and Wilson for offense and Frey (minus some awful play call decisions). But the DC is where we need it the most I mean come on I would pay a DC just under what Wilson is making to bring in someone decent. Knorr=nice and great guy, kind soul.... However I don't think he is BIG material. I sound crazy and Ik I am going to get comments back.... "Who do you think would come to a bottom feeder school", "we can't get a Respectable DC here with our past". Well you know what.... Wake up people I think we all are tired of whining about the DEF..... We have an offense and it's been shown off the past 4 years people are noticing and so are recruits.... Heck we had a 2017 3star WR commit a year and a half early basically. We put together a top 75 DEF even and we might be 8-3. Just saying yes that's wishful thinking but boys we were in those big games....... Comes back to big plays and overselling.... (Yes I'm expecting a response to that last statement "well they are a young team or you have to stack the box when the secondary is awful") thanks. Hoosiers great win and let's keep the bucket. Sorry mods if I've started something

Muhahahaha I started something bad..... Didn't mean to. I know we have a young defense. And as one of the comments above. I was very underwhelmed with this hire. Yes he's running a mix of packages that's great. However...... I need to see fight out of the coach for heavens sake. The kids did a lot better today.... Take out some huge plays we kill them by 400 today. I just wish we could get someone to fork up cash where it needs to be forked up. Keep johns and Wilson for offense and Frey (minus some awful play call decisions). But the DC is where we need it the most I mean come on I would pay a DC just under what Wilson is making to bring in someone decent. Knorr=nice and great guy, kind soul.... However I don't think he is BIG material. I sound crazy and Ik I am going to get comments back.... "Who do you think would come to a bottom feeder school", "we can't get a Respectable DC here with our past". Well you know what.... Wake up people I think we all are tired of whining about the DEF..... We have an offense and it's been shown off the past 4 years people are noticing and so are recruits.... Heck we had a 2017 3star WR commit a year and a half early basically. We put together a top 75 DEF even and we might be 8-3. Just saying yes that's wishful thinking but boys we were in those big games....... Comes back to big plays and overselling.... (Yes I'm expecting a response to that last statement "well they are a young team or you have to stack the box when the secondary is awful") thanks. Hoosiers great win and let's keep the bucket. Sorry mods if I've started something

As long as we don't have multiple "Fire CKW" and "Fire Knorr" threads I don't see the problem with the discussion. However, we have a rule against turning every thread into one of those, and keep it out off the game threads. The title tells people what this thread is about and if they don't want to read it they can just not click on it.

If you're just looking to blame somebody, you can blame CKW or Knorr. Not sure it makes any real difference at this point. What I'm more interested in is, are they going to fix it?

Talent? At certain positions, yes. I just think too much of our defense is trying to cover for our secondary. There are some young and under-experienced players there, and they have talent, but we don't even have enough of them to properly sub in and out. Hell, we threw a WR in there today. Some of the DB's could use some pine time to get some help remembering to keep the play in front of them, but who the hell is going to play while they get it? D-line has improved to the mediocre range, generally feel like the LB's are ok, but the secondary is a Achille's heel.

You guys pay more attention to football recruiting than I do. Any reason to believe this defense gets much better next year?

You guys pay more attention to football recruiting than I do. Any reason to believe this defense gets much better next year?

The secondary should improve just from experience, but they definitely need some talented bodies to back them up. I'd say that even if its better, the big play bug might still be a problem next year. Our best DB may be sitting out this season after transferring from USC. Better? It better get better, there isn't a hell of a lot of room for it to get worse. A complete turnaround? That's probably too much to expect next year.