Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Could a 5 Win IU team go bowling?

I hope a 5 win team does not go bowling.  That should not be allowed/

It's only allowed when there aren't enough 6 win teams since the alternative is cancelling bowls and they'd never do that.

I agree that we haven't shown we deserve to go bowling. Though, I can't say I wouldn't watch.

Hey wait, why is this a new topic? It should be merged with the pre-bye week bowl projection thread. Jeez 41. Disappear for awhile and suddenly you're crowding the boards.

This article was much more interesting than the last two I read though. I didn't know the NCAA was resistant to picking 5-7 teams outside of the top 5 in APR and hadn't given much thought to how the bowls themselves would decide.

What a crazy situation.

Just win the last 2 games and this isn't an issue. Cmon Hoosiers you can do this.

That's right! Let's take it to College Park and show them why the Metro is an overrated system of transportation! And those kids in West Lafayette already know it smells, but let's remind then the Bucket belongs to us!

And boy-oh-boy, let's be sure to at least do one of those two, since otherwise even this 5-7 conversation will be a little embarrassing.

Not so sure I would want my team being "rewarded" with the opportunity to finish the post season with a .615 losing percentage. Why not reward an FCS school if you can't find enough eligible FBS schools. I would MUCH rather see a 9-1 Harvard or a 10-0 Dayton team get the opportunity to play with the big boys.
Having a team with a losing record being given the opportunity to play 13 really takes away from the glory, the mystique, the feeling of accomplishment that goes along with a postseason (in any sport).
I really hope we get there with 6 wins, but would hate to get in as a pity team because too many bowl games were scheduled.

It's ridiculous there are those saying they wouldn't take a bowl at 5-7. The extra week of practices and inter-conference competition for our underclass men, especially in the secondary, is invaluable. Not to mention the seniors who have gone four or five years without a bowl. Most of these guys will never put the pads on again, and would give anything to prolong their careers another few weeks.

Then we do have guys who are going to play on Sundays who will benefit from extra looks in an inter-conference game, like Nate and some guys along our o-line. Nate's best football is still ahead of him. Look at him, he still has a baby face and has an enormous frame he hasn't grown into. Some team is going to draft him in the mid-rounds, or put him on a practice squad, and after a year in an NFL weight program he's going to be a man child.

I understand the thought process of not wanting to reward CKW and have him in a situation where him getting into a bowl on a technicality is not a true reflection on his performance. But we cannot take out that frustration at the expense of our boys.

Regardless, it won't matter because we are wining next week!

There was a post somewhere that showed a projection that had a 5-7 IU playing Auburn in the Music City Bowl. That would actually be kind of awesome. 

Revenge game. We got screwed in the '90 Peach Bowl. Clear holding on White's game winning run. I have it on tape. Anyone have vcr that still works?