Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

coonhounds

Iu vs eastern Illinois post game thread

Good, solid opening win against a team we should have beaten by 40.  

Nice to see the balance of minutes...that'll do nothing but help.

Still had more turnovers than assists.....and I would still like to see that change.

Think Zeisloft needs more than 1 shot in 18 minutes.

Yogi had an efficient night.  Good to see.

Pounded them on the glass.   Good sign.   We had more offensive rebounds than they had rebounds.

15-25 from the FT line isn't good enough.

Almost half our FGA's from behind the 3 point line.  Too many for this team.  We can't live and die out there anymore.

We won't beat many good teams getting bagels from Hartman and Zeisloft

Priller scored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't remember what it was, that's why I didn't post it originally.

We're 74 now. I'd estimate 50 of the teams above us haven't played yet looking real quick.

Anyone wants individual stats let me know.

Go ahead and post the individual stats. Always good to view good news.

We were excellent in the ways I was hoping we would be:

- Our help side defense from our bigs was SOOOOOOOO much better than last year. Max, OG, and Juwan seem to have good instincts

- CTC kept three full size players on the court pretty much at all times...halleluiah!

- JBJ was much stronger and more confident, both with the ball and on the defensive end. He'll never be great at defensive lateral movement, but improvement is obvious.

- TB brings a passion to the game that Hanner and Noah never had...not once in their collective time at IU to the extent that TB brought tonight.

- The team seems to have some genuine chemistry and leadership: no sulking or bad attitudes really are possible with this group. They are easy to root for.

-  $9.95 very, very well spent.

But Stuhoo were these poor guys any match at all for the Hoosiers? Can we really gage anything meaningful though? I personally think playing such grossly overmatched teams cloaks weaknesses and makes us all feel warm and fuzzy ...prematurely.

Eastern Illinois is a hell of a lot better than Western Illinois (who just beat Wisky), about the same as William and Mary (who throttled NC State), and not quite as good as North Florida (who cruised over the Illini). An above average Summit Conference team, and we took care of business.

Last year's team would have needed to shoot well to pull away, two years ago we would have struggled with them. This year's team shot like crap and completely dominated them. You'll see on the BTN replay: OG, Max, and TB were excellent, disruptive bigs.

Im super interested in everything RoJo just for the reason that next year, he's the man around these parts. In some off universe that JBJ stays (he wont) this team would actually pretty legit again next year. This is assuming TB is slaying foo's down low again.

I know, I know.. Enjoy what we have on the floor. I am!

Im super interested in everything RoJo just for the reason that next year, he's the man around these parts. In some off universe that JBJ stays (he wont) this team would actually pretty legit again next year. This is assuming TB is slaying foo's down low again.

I know, I know.. Enjoy what we have on the floor. I am!

lots of great players had great games yesterday. Many were Frosh. It is hard to make the NBA. Won't really know anything about NBA potential until B1G. Murray is one and done. Ivan Rabb probably. Henry Ellenson maybe. Simmons. Skal probably. Only 2 pros on that UK team IMO and that is based on potential. Interesting.

Edit- about UK, I mean 2 drafted this season. There are other pros on my that team.