Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016) PF De'Ron Davis to IU

Peegs just posted a nice article on him. Of note, De'Ron mentioned Kenny Johnson and L'ville pursuing him. Appears KJ has continued working on all those recruits he had started with at IU. So much for the fondness in his heart he will always have for the Cream and Crimson. I guess its the nature of the business.

The haters really be hatin' now.

Peegs just posted a nice article on him. Of note, De'Ron mentioned Kenny Johnson and L'ville pursuing him. Appears KJ has continued working on all those recruits he had started with at IU. So much for the fondness in his heart he will always have for the Cream and Crimson. I guess its the nature of the business.

The haters really be hatin' now.

It is all about relationships and he built them for the most part.  

excellent article from ITH about De'Ron's visit to b-town.

http://www.insidethehall.com/2014/05/19/five-star-forward-deron-davis-recaps-indiana-visit/

He actually straight up says..
"“I’m coming up on my junior year and need to get serious about what I’m looking at,” he said of his recruitment. “I’m looking at Indiana and this (visit) puts them in a good spot. I’d like to go out and see more schools. From what I’m seeing so far of the three schools I’ve been to, Indiana does rate above all of those."

[quote name="Scohutch" post="67261" timestamp="1400596936"]excellent article from ITH about De'Ron's visit to b-town.

[url="http://www.insidethehall.com/2014/05/19/five-star-forward-deron-davis-recaps-indiana-visit/"]http://www.insidethehall.com/2014/05/19/five-star-forward-deron-davis-recaps-indiana-visit/[/url]

He actually straight up says..
"[color=rgb(0,0,0)][font='Open Sans'][size=4][background=rgb(249,249,249)]“I’m coming up on my junior year and need to get serious about what I’m looking at,” he said of his recruitment. “I’m looking at Indiana and this (visit) puts them in a good spot. I’d like to go out and see more schools. From what I’m seeing so far of the three schools I’ve been to, Indiana does rate above all of those."[/background][/size][/font][/color][/quote] I liked that last sentence as well, but his other two visits and offers have been Colorado and Arkansas. We've been going hard after this guy for a few years now. Hopefully we stay at the top of his list.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

There's no doubt this kid will get much more attention and better offers than he has now, ones that can rival Indiana, but first impressions are huge.  The fact that he said openly that IU rates above the rest he's visited is pretty exciting, considering that recruits don't just go around saying who their favorite is this early in the game.

Josh Gershon @JoshGershon
Colorado Hawks center De'Ron Davis is one of the most skilled bigs in 2016. Good footwork, passes really well and plays hard on both ends.

Jason Pratt @F150PREZ
De'Ron Davis having another impressive showing for the Colorado Hawks today. His game continues to grow. #adidasuprising

Good to hear from Fran.

@franfraschilla: Did hear @adidasEuroCamp that Indiana Hoosiers have done nice job with Maker brothers and De'Ron Davis.

https://twitter.com/franfraschilla/status/476874382975840256

[quote name="jurkinonthecourt" post="75239" timestamp="1406228718"]Son of a...

@Justin_Albers: De'Ron Davis has new offers from Wake Forest and Oregon. New interest from Louisville and Duke. Wants to visit Louisville soon. #iubb

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.[/quote]
Louisville is the new Indiana of recruiting. Hmm, wonder why?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Louisville is the new Indiana of recruiting. Hmm, wonder why?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Good teams go after good players, thats why. You get bent out of shape about every recruit that Louisville offers because Kenny is there. Maybe its just the fact that the player is good. 

Good teams go after good players, thats why. You get bent out of shape about every recruit that Louisville offers because Kenny is there. Maybe its just the fact that the player is good.

Yep. Understand. I won't be down about it when we prove we can beat them for a recruit. Spalding was an obvious one. They jump ahead on Donovan Martin after their offer. They snagged Onuaku when we were trying to get him. They are just whooping us lately. It's just more proof that KJ gets it done. My hope was Chuck would put us on level ground with them.

Yep. Understand. I won't be down about it when we prove we can beat them for a recruit. Spalding was an obvious one. They jump ahead on Donovan Martin after their offer. They snagged Onuaku when we were trying to get him. They are just whooping us lately. It's just more proof that KJ gets it done. My hope was Chuck would put us on level ground with them.

He may yet.  We're still early in Chuck's time here.  It may not happen for 15, but maybe for 16 and after that.  I get the frustration, I think we're all feeling some.  However, I'm still bullish on Chuck's future here.  Time will tell though.  

[quote name="WayneHoosier" post="75256" timestamp="1406243395"]Yep. Understand. I won't be down about it when we prove we can beat them for a recruit. Spalding was an obvious one. They jump ahead on Donovan Martin after their offer. They snagged Onuaku when we were trying to get him. They are just whooping us lately. It's just more proof that KJ gets it done. My hope was Chuck would put us on level ground with them.[/quote] I understand your frustration, but KJ is getting paid like one of the best recruiters in the country because he is one of the best in the country. Honestly, I don't know if there's anyone we could have brought in that would have been on KJ's level during their first recruiting period.

Link from a Jeff Borzello article

Davis came away from his Bloomington very impressed.

"Indiana had one of the best facilities I've seen so far," he said. "Just the way they develop players is pretty good. They help make kids into pros. They develop their bodies. I can get fast easily, but they develop kids into pros and their bodies change dramatically."

Are the Hoosiers in the lead?

"I don't really have a leader leader right now," Davis said. "Indiana is one of my favorites just because I went up there and saw the facility, and I have a great relationship with the coaches."