Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

RBB89

Game Thread - Beat. Michigan.

We can beat Michigan. I think a big key for either team to win this game will be playing inspired and determined football.

As far as Michigan goes, they're the better team on paper and that's clear. Like Iowa, they're not spectacular, but are very solid in all aspects of the game, especially on the defensive side of the ball. With Michigan State's loss last week at Nebraska, the Wolverines find themselves still in the hunt for a Big Ten title, but several dominoes have to fall. My hope is that they think this is the "gimme" game left on their schedule with a trip to Penn State looming and Ohio State to close out the regular season. If they come into this one looking ahead, that could really bode well for the Hoosiers. The unfortunate stat is that Michigan has played REALLY well in six of their nine games where they have dominated the competition. Considering their two losses were to Utah and Michigan State, it proves they are still a very good football team. Their squeaker game at Minnesota is the one that makes me believe we still have a shot at these guys.

As for our Hoosiers, what more can be said? We're just going to have to WANT it more than Michigan. I thought we would come out on fire against Iowa and play inspired, determined football and just take it to them... but that didn't happen. I thought that sense of urgency and desire would take over and we would get the victory. We competed, we played with them. But we didn't play better than them. This sounds very silly and obvious but we just have to play BETTER than Michigan. Straight up. We have to create turnovers. We have to take care of the ball. We have to make plays when we get the opportunity but stay grounded and steady and play smart football. We played with Ohio State. We played with Michigan State. We played with Iowa. Now is the the time to play BETTER than Michigan.

I won't predict a victory like I did last week vs. Iowa. But I still have hope because I truly believe we're a significantly better football team than our 0-5 record suggests.

We can beat Michigan. I think a big key for either team to win this game will be playing inspired and determined football.

As far as Michigan goes, they're the better team on paper and that's clear. Like Iowa, they're not spectacular, but are very solid in all aspects of the game, especially on the defensive side of the ball. With Michigan State's loss last week at Nebraska, the Wolverines find themselves still in the hunt for a Big Ten title, but several dominoes have to fall. My hope is that they think this is the "gimme" game left on their schedule with a trip to Penn State looming and Ohio State to close out the regular season. If they come into this one looking ahead, that could really bode well for the Hoosiers. The unfortunate stat is that Michigan has played REALLY well in six of their nine games where they have dominated the competition. Considering their two losses were to Utah and Michigan State, it proves they are still a very good football team. Their squeaker game at Minnesota is the one that makes me believe we still have a shot at these guys.

As for our Hoosiers, what more can be said? We're just going to have to WANT it more than Michigan. I thought we would come out on fire against Iowa and play inspired, determined football and just take it to them... but that didn't happen. I thought that sense of urgency and desire would take over and we would get the victory. We competed, we played with them. But we didn't play better than them. This sounds very silly and obvious but we just have to play BETTER than Michigan. Straight up. We have to create turnovers. We have to take care of the ball. We have to make plays when we get the opportunity but stay grounded and steady and play smart football. We played with Ohio State. We played with Michigan State. We played with Iowa. Now is the the time to play BETTER than Michigan.

I won't predict a victory like I did last week vs. Iowa. But I still have hope because I truly believe we're a significantly better football team than our 0-5 record suggests.

I dont think their coach will allow them to see this as a gimme game. I think they are the other way around. Much better than the roster suggests. They have 2 losses (should have been only 1) and both came against elite teams. Sudfeld has to have a career day to keep us in this one imho. Michigan is better than their record suggests, as well.

I dont think their coach will allow them to see this as a gimme game. I think they are the other way around. Much better than the roster suggests. They have 2 losses (should have been only 1) and both came against elite teams. Sudfeld has to have a career day to keep us in this one imho. Michigan is better than their record suggests, as well.

Harbaugh doesn't believe in gimme games. He is going to have them rolling as hard as ever. They are going to absolutely own the Big Ten once his recruits start taking their places on the team. The roster he is working with is a joke.

Luckily, however this game turns out, my undying love for Jim will carry me through. I like to think every time Michigan embarrasses an opponent, a York loses a year of their life.

He beat 18th ranked, two time SEC East champion Missouri on the road. Or does that not count because he got hurt and the season fell apart?

I didn't count that because he didn't finish the game and had 1 touchdown. But I can see the argument to be made

He beat 18th ranked, two time SEC East champion Missouri on the road. Or does that not count because he got hurt and the season fell apart?

OK I know everyone points to the Mizzou win as a great win last year, but in all honesty how good was Mizzou???  Yea, Yea I know they finished in the top 15 in the country, but in reality thier best win was Minnesota was't it?  They beat a 7-5 Fla and an 8-5 TAM group, but that was about it and neither of those teams were great.  

If that Mizzou team were in the B12 still I doubt they would have been ranked, but not voter was going to keep a team out of the polls that was in the SEC title game, no matter how bad the east was.  The 2 really good teams they played they were outscored 76-13

Sudfeld finished that game. And I don't care if he only threw 1 TD. He had no INTs and finished with a very solid 128 QBR. And we won, on the road.

People can marginalize it all they want. Mizzou finished with a top 25 defense, and were ranked top 20 in Sagarin, FEI, and S&P. They were a good team. I just think it sometimes doesn't get the credit it deserves because of how the season unfolded after Suds got injured (damm I wish Wynn would have caught that ball).

Oh well  Go Hoosiers!