Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Totally forgot we have an ice hockey team until I stumbled across its homepage.

http://www.iud3hockey.com/

Semester in Review

December 5, 2017

It has been a historical semester for the Division 3 Hockey Team at Indiana University.  Currently ranked 16th in the nation and 6th in the North Division of the ACHA, the program has an incredible 11-1-1 record going into the winter break.

It has been a full team effort with all cylinders a go for the Division 3 Hockey Team.  On offense, the team is lead in points by sophomore Sam Markwood (19), closely followed by line-mate Devan MacKellar (17).  Production doesn’t stop there, as 9 of the program’s players all have over 10 points throughout the 13 games played.

Defense has been a strong-suite for the team over the first half of the season.  Lead by alternate captain James Young, the team has been hard to get shots on goal against, none-the-less score on.

Anchoring the program is the self-proclaimed 3-headed goalie attack of senior Ben Seinfeld and juniors Matt Turner and Connor Minnick.  Over the 13 games, the goalies have combined to see over 300 shots, allowing only 22 goals.  All 3 netminders sport save percentages over 90%.

Yes, we really do have a hockey team.

The TSCHL is excited to announce the addition of Indiana University for the 2019-2020.  The Tri-State Collegiate Hockey League is an ACHA Division II level ice hockey league. ACHA Division II level consists of players with previous Jr. A, AAA or Midget Major experience, along with high caliber high school experience.   A little more info can be found at the link below.

http://pointstreak.com/news_story.html?id=512708

Reviving an old one....

https://www.iud3hockey.com/schedule-c2554

IU D3 Hockey is 3-0, and face Purdue this weekend in Bloomington!

As for the ACHA/TSCHL team, I think they're 3-5. It's difficult to find, since the website doesn't have results (I went to ACHA, D2, the searched the Indiana M2 results, lol).  

14 hours ago, Banksyrules said:

Question- are resources (stadium, equipment, travel) the only reason we don’t try to have a division 1 hockey team?

I have asked a couple of people the same thing, never really get a clear answer. We have 2 club teams and no D1, makes no sense to me

10 minutes ago, mamasa said:

I have asked a couple of people the same thing, never really get a clear answer. We have 2 club teams and no D1, makes no sense to me

Honest question.  With Title IX, if we went D1 would we then have to offer women's hockey or some other women's only sport?  Or conversely, discontinue a men's sport in lieu of hockey?

Honest question.  With Title IX, if we went D1 would we then have to offer women's hockey or some other women's only sport?  Or conversely, discontinue a men's sport in lieu of hockey?
I don't think so, necessarily. But if the men's hockey team becomes D-I, any existing women's club team would be in their right to ask why their sport isn't being promoted with direct school support and possibly take IU to court over being discriminated.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

I don't think so, necessarily. But if the men's hockey team becomes D-I, any existing women's club team would be in their right to ask why their sport isn't being promoted with direct school support and possibly take IU to court over being discriminated.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Anyone know and purely out of curiosity, do we currently have any women's club sports?

Just checked in on our two teams (still no idea why we have 2 club teams, but....).  IU D2 team is 8-5, while the D3 team appears to be 3-5.  The only way I found anything on them is via their Twitter.  But, the author calls the Hoosiers "Hooeys" in every single tweet, and that legit makes me want to punch him. 

21 hours ago, mamasa said:

Just checked in on our two teams (still no idea why we have 2 club teams, but....).  IU D2 team is 8-5, while the D3 team appears to be 3-5.  The only way I found anything on them is via their Twitter.  But, the author calls the Hoosiers "Hooeys" in every single tweet, and that legit makes me want to punch him. 

I saw one of the two teams had a coaching change a week or two back. The guy leaving only coached like 11 games. It’s club, so I can’t imagine there’s longevity in the coaching realm, but 11 games…