Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Official Iowa Game Thread

If we can upset anyone this season, it's Iowa this week.

Everyone knows how down I am on our program, and even I believe there is hope here. If the team plays as well as we did against OSU we'll handle it nopraw. If we just play at non-conference level we have a very narrow shot. We just can't play like the team that has been around the last few games.

CTIRZfzUEAAxyn0.jpg

Our meh helmet design.

We aren't even going to try to avoid the air holes and make the decal look less… stickery hunh?

I mean, it’s pretty slick because script Indiana is pretty slick, but they all kind of end up looking like a Pop Warner team went by the sticker shop to jazz up their old helmets. Like, the background "white" isn’t even the same color as the helmet.

It reminds me of the cream jerseys the basketball team wore that one game. Great idea, look great independently, but then toss a white t-shirt underneath them and you start to wonder who didn’t do jersey laundry.

CTIRZfzUEAAxyn0.jpg

Our meh helmet design.

We aren't even going to try to avoid the air holes and make the decal look less… stickery hunh?

I mean, it’s pretty slick because script Indiana is pretty slick, but they all kind of end up looking like a Pop Warner team went by the sticker shop to jazz up their old helmets. Like, the background "white" isn’t even the same color as the helmet.

It reminds me of the cream jerseys the basketball team wore that one game. Great idea, look great independently, but then toss a white t-shirt underneath them and you start to wonder who didn’t do jersey laundry.

Well, all logos on helmets are stickers, so that's just kinda the way it is.

I think they look sharp.

Well, all logos on helmets are stickers, so that's just kinda the way it is.

I think they look sharp.

For the most part yeah, some logos are... however they paint helmets.

But, you can make the stickers look not bad and place them so they look like part of the helmet. Someone mentioned Purdue and they do a good job with theirs consistently. Even the one with the giant train on white looks sharp and intentional. Rather than try and blend the background, they made the background contrast on the edges so it minimized the sticker look.

I just think they look cheap and chintzy. I'm also a tiny bit salty because this is like our 9th helmet design. Why? Why do we need more helmets than Wilson's career Big Ten wins? I'd rather pick one classic design and stick with it than changing it up all the time. Works for Ohio State. Who put actual stickers all over their helmets and still manage to look less stickery.

For the most part yeah, some logos are... however they paint helmets.

But, you can make the stickers look not bad and place them so they look like part of the helmet. Someone mentioned Purdue and they do a good job with theirs consistently. Even the one with the giant train on white looks sharp and intentional. Rather than try and blend the background, they made the background contrast on the edges so it minimized the sticker look.

I just think they look cheap and chintzy. I'm also a tiny bit salty because this is like our 9th helmet design. Why? Why do we need more helmets than Wilson's career Big Ten wins? I'd rather pick one classic design and stick with it than changing it up all the time. Works for Ohio State. Who put actual stickers all over their helmets and still manage to look less stickery.

IUFB doesn't have the tradition that OSU has.  I can't fault them for the helmets nor the number of designs. 

This one looks decent.  Not great, certainly not my favorite, but it's ok.  I think it'll look better on the field than in a close-up shot like that.

IUFB doesn't have the tradition that OSU has. I can't fault them for the helmets nor the number of designs.

This one looks decent. Not great, certainly not my favorite, but it's ok. I think it'll look better on the field than in a close-up shot like that.

Well, you can't build a tradition if you're constantly changing. I guess we're trying to be hip and new instead.

Well, you can't build a tradition if you're constantly changing. I guess we're trying to be hip and new instead.

Ah, so if we stayed with one helmet we'd be a powerhouse? Cmon grumpy. You're just trying to find anything you can to complain about.

Ah, so if we stayed with one helmet we'd be a powerhouse? Cmon grumpy. You're just trying to find anything you can to complain about.

No? If we stuck with one helmet we would have a tradition.

There's no reason to think traditions make better teams. We're a school very proud of our basketball traditions but unwilling to form football traditions. I like traditions.

No? If we stuck with one helmet we would have a tradition.

There's no reason to think traditions make better teams. We're a school very proud of our basketball traditions but unwilling to form football traditions. I like traditions.

our Basketball traditions come from a winning time and thus thoughts of winning. Football needs a new identity all together. Never had anything to fall back on. Need to form traditions now.