Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iuswingman

(2016) JUCO QB Richard Lagow to Indiana

Terrible play after the hand-off at 1:30. But, here are highlights from an opposing team if you want to see him take sacks and throw incompletes. Number 21, white. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nysPy2iVEqU

If you go to his main hudl he has tons of individual game highlight videos which are like 7 minutes long each, so they're almost entirely him just making complete passes and you can watch his reads and footwork without constant long bombs. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/586266

He looks a lot like Kap at a lower level. Similar motions and reactions to pressure. With a good line and receivers he can do some awesome things, without them he'll struggle. I would not put much stock in him developing out of these habits. He's been out of high school for years now.

I'll still take him.

Well fortunately, we have an excellent OL and WRs! Sign him up!

Sounds like this is our boy!!

I think if we can hurry up and get Wilson's extension announced he's ours. I said it earlier, looking at his history he will not go to a school where he is uncertain who is the coach.

But, since Maui and the Bowl I've been way higher on football this week. The more I look at him, and our team, and what we already have next year, I'm way high on him. I'll be crazy excited if we land him. There are some problems with his game I don't think we'll be able to fix, and some we will (his blocking). But, he fits in so well with the pieces we have. He's got a great deep ball, though he isn't good at throwing WRs open. He is a little limited on his reads. His arm is a cannon so the ball practically teleports into WR hands and drives so far into their sternums they have to catch it. Some accuracy issues, but to be expected with his throwing style.

The key is, he's going to be a monster behind an elite O-line and trash without one. He needs extra time in the pocket for his routes to develop, people to move down the field, and to make his reads. So, where better than the school with the second best o-line in the Big Ten? Maybe even best next year. He'll have hours to throw on most downs against most d-lines. It will be amazing and higher variance and everything we love (and hate) about Indiana Football. He'll throw 50 yard TDs three times a game but go three and out because we can't connect on some short and midrange routes when WRs and TEs are well defended sometimes. I hope the staff is pulling up tape of similar QBs to see how we can adjust our scheme to make him a success because boy howdy, in the right scheme he has serious tools. Since I think his flaws can be masked by the rest of the team if we scheme him right, my only concern is football IQ. If only he was an Indiana boy... oh wait, football? I don't know... Ohio?

Or I've been totally duped because he goes to a JUCO which doesn't produce videos of full games, just highlight tapes for individual players. 

????

‏@Hoosier_Huddle

According to @MB_Weaver Richard Lagow will still visit Colorado St. This weekend and make decision on Monday. #iufb

No. Way.

I will be wicked angry if he goes to Colorado State. Not just because I got high on the kid, but because it doesn't make a lick of sense.

Bobo is interviewing for other coaching jobs. Lagow left UConn because the recruiting coach left. All right, maybe he's talking to the replacement? Unlikely, but possible, except...

Nick Stevens didn't suffer a career ending injury in the last couple days right? Nick Stevens is an approaching very good QB with 2 more years of eligibility.

Nope, pulled his stats, seems to still be alive. Guy is finishing up a 2400 yard season with a 147.5 QB rating! There is absolutely no way Lagow will start at CSU. So, what? He's going to blow yet another year of eligibility sitting on the bench? He went to Cisco to go somewhere and start so he can show the world what he can do. Going to CSU would be a completely baffling move from him. I'd be disappointed we lost him, but it would certainly answer the football IQ question.

Fort Collins and the CSU campus is beautiful ( not Btown beautiful, but still very nice). I'd take a free visit there any day. I believe he's had that visit scheduled for a few weeks now. Still think we're in pretty good shape.

I've been there. It's a great campus and college atmosphere. Colorado is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! The weather. Oh my the weather. If you like all 4 seasons, there's no better place to be.

I've been there. It's a great campus and college atmosphere. Colorado is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! The weather. Oh my the weather. If you like all 4 seasons, there's no better place to be.

It really is. I had a girlfriend in high school who ended up at CSU and visited her a couple times before we gave up the LDR thing. I loved the town and campus. Strongly considered going there, but wasn't interested in any of their leading programs. I'm glad I ended up at Indiana, but every day I look at Mount Hood and see snow but I'm not skiing, I think of all the time I could have spent skiing in an alternative college universe.

I doubt they'll take him out skiing though. Seems like a risky choice for a player you're recruiting. "Oh yeah, sorry about that last fall, maybe you can get another year of eligibility for the broken femur" (full disclosure, my father broke his femur skiing. Never ever tell my wife.)

Oh man, I really want to go skiing now. Guess I know what I'll use one of my extra PTO days on.

????
‏@Hoosier_Huddle
According to @MB_Weaver Richard Lagow will still visit Colorado St. This weekend and make decision on Monday. #iufb

He's got a sister that goes there.