Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iuswingman

(2016) JUCO QB Richard Lagow to Indiana

Stats:

http://www.njcaa.org/sports/fball/2014-15/players/richardlagowb1qf

Let me know if this site is acting funky. I don't think his team is very good, but from what I can tell, they play some pretty good JUCO level competition.

Ninja Edit: Well, I can already tell the completion % isn't accurate. lol

Kid is great.

99.3% completion rate and 165.6% completion rate at home? Sign me up.

Plus, they already named an elementary school after him: http://www.dallasisd.org/domain/541

Stats:

http://www.njcaa.org/sports/fball/2014-15/players/richardlagowb1qf

Let me know if this site is acting funky. I don't think his team is very good, but from what I can tell, they play some pretty good JUCO level competition.

Ninja Edit: Well, I can already tell the completion % isn't accurate. lol

Man, the guy that put the stats on that page sucks.

In a 61-38 loss this guy managed to complete 35 passes on 17 attempts apparently.

In a 48-14 loss he had 22 completions on 15 attemps.

In a 27-9 loss he had 31 completions on 17 attempts.

Conclusion, he's Superman and their DC is Doug Mallory.

QB scouting isn't exactly my line of work, but Lagow looks solid. Reminds me of Sudfeld in his first couple of years as a Hoosier. Similar build, too. Seems like a Wilson-type of QB. I could see coach molding him into a guy who can rack up some numbers. Keep putting points on the board.

I'll gladly take him for next year. It will give guys like King and Ramsey a couple more years to refine their game (assuming they'll be patient and stick with us.)

Interesting stuff, thanks.

It's weird, the more I learn about Lagow the less I seem to know. His story is the definition of a bummer though. Committed to UConn, had some second thoughts, decided to go anyway, had the UConn coaching staff absolutely dismantled. Ended up without his recruiting coaches facing a massive QB controversy. Ends up leaving to take a walk-on spot at Oklahoma State. Learns a new style of offense and gets huge during his sit-out year, but OK State is just too deep at QB to move up the depth chart. When it's clear he won't be playing there, he went down to Cisco to be a JUCO transfer this year.

Kid sounds like he would fit in very well here and has a lot of physical gifts. I cannot figure out how much eligibility he has left, but I think it's two years.

If he's smart, he's waiting until the December period to make any decisions (and if we aren't sticking with Wilson hopefully we'll decide fast). I would really hate for him to come here and watch his coaching staff be dismantled again. Better for him to end up at UNLV in that case. But, he could do good things and make next year hurt a little less if Wilson is sticking around.

If he's smart he would come here. A chance to start and show his skills against some of the best Big Ten teams on a national stage. Not only that, he will have plenty of good receivers to throw the ball to and hopefully a more mature and improved defense to bail him out!

If he's smart he would come here. A chance to start and show his skills against some of the best Big Ten teams on a national stage. Not only that, he will have plenty of good receivers to throw the ball to and hopefully a more mature and improved defense to bail him out!

agree. Could be a great stopgap.

From his 2015 Hudl highlights: big kid with some athleticism. Looks to have a naturally strong arm. Nice deep ball giving his receivers chances to make plays.

I'm no football coach, but mechanics look like they need work. Has a baseball throwing motion. A strike thrower with a pitcher follow through. Rears the ball near his waste on longer throws to generate a whip arm action. No lower body action once so ever, so maybe the hitch can be fixed to get an easier throwing motion with more power. But he's pushing the ball as opposed to squaring up and stepping which makes me worry about accuracy issues. Any sort of pass rush he got he turned his back to the play instead of stepping up or around in the pocket keeping his eyes down field.

Lots of natural talent, and CKW is a good QB coach, so maybe CKW sees these things as correctable. But this kid is not near Nate's level.

From his 2015 Hudl highlights: big kid with some athleticism. Looks to have a naturally strong arm. Nice deep ball giving his receivers chances to make plays.

I'm no football coach, but mechanics look like they need work. Has a baseball throwing motion. A strike thrower with a pitcher follow through. Rears the ball near his waste on longer throws to generate a whip arm action. No lower body action once so ever, so maybe the hitch can be fixed to get an easier throwing motion with more power. But he's pushing the ball as opposed to squaring up and stepping which makes me worry about accuracy issues. Any sort of pass rush he got he turned his back to the play instead of stepping up or around in the pocket.

Lots of natural talent, and CKW is a good QB coach, so maybe CKW sees these things as correctable. But this kid is not near Nate's level.

One positive is he won't be under much pressure here. Our line has been great at protecting Nate and keeping pressure away from him. 

Terrible play after the hand-off at 1:30. But, here are highlights from an opposing team if you want to see him take sacks and throw incompletes. Number 21, white. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nysPy2iVEqU

If you go to his main hudl he has tons of individual game highlight videos which are like 7 minutes long each, so they're almost entirely him just making complete passes and you can watch his reads and footwork without constant long bombs. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/586266

He looks a lot like Kap at a lower level. Similar motions and reactions to pressure. With a good line and receivers he can do some awesome things, without them he'll struggle. I would not put much stock in him developing out of these habits. He's been out of high school for years now.

I'll still take him.