Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Indiana vs Rutgers Game Thread

I haven't seen a solid line yet...everything I've found is a Pick.

Everything I've seen is N/A or OFF cuz Wilson won't spill the beans about Suds or Howard and Vegas doesn't want to get screwed like last week's game.

From every mob movie I've ever seen, I don't see good things in CKW's future if he keeps the status of key players on the hush.  :120:

The product on the field will put butts in the seat. Everyone is expecting the Big Ten swoon we are so accustomed to from the past. Had we beat OSU or PSU, things would be different. As it stands, who have we really beat?

Plus that product @PSU was virtually unwatchable except for superfans like us here at BTB.

Speak for yourself. The only highlight of that game for me was watching the 'Stay-Puft' marshmallow kicker miss XP's.

I'm preaching to the choir here, but the number of tickets available for this game is absolutely pathetic. You can check it out on our ticket section on iuhoosiers.com. We will probably have a decent walk up crowd because it's homecoming, but we are going into a game favored, and shooting for 5-2 and there will probably be 10,000 empty seats. I'm sure the tradition of people "coming home" to sit in the parking lot will continue. After all, we "filled" the stadium for one game. That's good enough, right?

Beat Rutgers.

It's not too bad, I thought it would be worse. Hopefully it'll get more filled up as we get closer to game day. 

P.s. I know Sirhoosierlot personally and been friends for a long time. Don't ban me mods. Lol

i've never met you in my life... 

Anyway, I think if we have sudfield we'll be a much better offense.  Penn State has a pretty good defense, and they stacked the box because they wanted zander to beat them, which he obviously couldn't.  With Nate in, I think Devine can get going a little bit cause the offense will be more balanced.  The offensive line has to play better too.  They've had a couple of really bad games here of late. 

Defense... they're gonna give up points regardless, but they've been better than I've seen in a long time. At least they have some play makers and produce turnovers.  I've pretty much accepted that big plays are going to happen.  

Just to add to my previous post because I was checking Punt John Punt this morning and it made me think of it (renewing my call, I want those guys writing for us not for some site no one reads). Indiana has not won a Big Ten game on the road since October 27, 2012 when it beat an Illinois team that ultimately went 2-10 that year. Losing at home and expecting to turn two Big Ten road games, including the bucket game which will be a very hostile environment, into must-wins and actually winning them both is a completely unacceptable risk. This game is an absolute must-win if we want to be in a bowl this year.

The product on the field will put butts in the seat. Everyone is expecting the Big Ten swoon we are so accustomed to from the past. Had we beat OSU or PSU, things would be different. As it stands, who have we really beat?

Plus that product @PSU was virtually unwatchable except for superfans like us here at BTB.

I just feel like a lot of our fans will always find an excuse not to go. Just keep moving the goal posts. I don't feel like a 4-2 (whose 2 losses came from teams with a combined 11-1 record) team should have to play in front of 10,000 empties on Homecoming. But, it is what it is. I'll be there. Beat Buttgers.

I just feel like a lot of our fans will always find an excuse not to go. Just keep moving the goal posts. I don't feel like a 4-2 (whose 2 losses came from teams with a combined 11-1 record) team should have to play in front of 10,000 empties on Homecoming. But, it is what it is. I'll be there. Beat Buttgers.

Maybe. I think there would be more butts in the seats if people know Suds would be playing, but otherwise, who wants to spend time, money, and effort going to see a repeat of last week (except against a far worse team). I couldn't even make it through at home without suffering a meltdown.

The question in fans minds is which team is going to take the field? The 4 or the 2? If they can't answer that, they aren't going to show up.

I know it's impossible to play "what-ifs" but, if we lost the last two games with our regular starters and this was a comeback curbstomp game, then I think another few thousand fans would be willing to take the chance.

Maybe. I think there would be more butts in the seats if people know Suds would be playing, but otherwise, who wants to spend time, money, and effort going to see a repeat of last week (except against a far worse team). I couldn't even make it through at home without suffering a meltdown.

The question in fans minds is which team is going to take the field? The 4 or the 2? If they can't answer that, they aren't going to show up.

I know it's impossible to play "what-ifs" but, if we lost the last two games with our regular starters and this was a comeback curbstomp game, then I think another few thousand fans would be willing to take the chance.

It's #bouncebackweek. Be there! :)

When Indiana was good in the mid-late 1980's, people showed up and the place was full.  If Indiana wins consistently and they do something about the Godawful traffic coming down from and getting back to Indianapolis, they can consistently get 50K in there.  

It's split at ESPN.

Rutgers (2-3, 0-2) at Indiana (4-2, 0-2)

3:30 p.m. ET, BTN

Not a surprise. I'd bet the Rutgers votes would all change if they didn't think Cameron might start along with... I don't even know the name of who was playing RB at the end of the game. Hoping the game won't actually be as close as they think.

Suds isn't 100% a-go yet, that I've seen anyway.  Which ankle did he hurt?  Is it the plant ankle?  Likely no Howard.  I also expect them to go early and often to their top WR as he returns from suspension.

Left ankle. So, no, thankfully.

And really too bad for Howard if he doesn't play. This is the game for an RB to rack up the numbers. Rutgers might as well not have a run-defense.