Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

WORLD SERIES

Astros hold their fate in their hands.  They have a 1/2 game lead over the Angels for the 2nd WC spot.  They trail the Rangers for the Division by 2 1/2 games. 

The Astros travel to Arizona for a 3 game set.  The Rangers/Angels have a 4 games series to start the day.  The Astros are a terrible road team, worst in the AL if I recall.  This will be an exciting weekend....AS LONG AS THE ASTROS WIN!!!

But don't count out the Twins either...they are 1 1/2 games out of the WC, they could creep in if the Astros/Angels choke this weekend.

Go Cubs! Guarantee not many teams want to play our young studs. Just think of our regulars in our core Rizzo is the oldest at 26. We have Bryant, Soler, Russell, Castro (will be traded), Baez, Schwarber... And more on the way. Nobody is wanting to see that. Add in a 27 yr old Arrieta who was given to us with Pedro Strop for essentially nothing from the Orioles. Theo and Jed are the f'ing greatest. Hell we got Addison Russell and Billy McKinney (top 75 prospect) for Shark and Jason Hammel. This year? I like us in the 1 game cause Arrieta. Concerned beyond that unless Arrieta and Lester pitch 4 of the games. Simple as that.

Im cheering on the Cubbies! Ive never been a big fan of theirs but Ive followed them. I made a jump onto their bandwagon this year with Schwarber now on the squad. Talk about an exciting group of young players.

I get to go see the Astros play the Dbacks this Friday night. The Astros are another group of exiting young players. The future of baseball shines bright with the Astros and the Cubs

Im cheering on the Cubbies! Ive never been a big fan of theirs but Ive followed them. I made a jump onto their bandwagon this year with Schwarber now on the squad. Talk about an exciting group of young players.

I get to go see the Astros play the Dbacks this Friday night. The Astros are another group of exiting young players. The future of baseball shines bright with the Astros and the Cubs

I'm an Astros fan. This team is 2 years ahead of where everyone thought they would be. Young talent just having the time of their lives. They are a fun group to watch for sure.

Go Bucs!! Pirates have the best bullpen in the majors. Cole and Liriano, plus AJ Happ has been pitching great since being traded to us.

Well if they face Arrieta in a one game they won't get a chance to show off that bullpen.

Lol you are too young to remember that live. I was in Wrigleyville for that. It wasn't Bartmans fault. It was Dusty Baker and players like Alex Gonzalez fault.

I remember that. I hate the Cubs but that was their year. Horrible errors in the game did them in. Happens. Cubs are looking darn good next year, but the Cards will still win ;)

Loved JA Happ when he was with the phillies

Idk what they do in Pittsburgh, but it seems like a lot of pitchers revive their careers when they come there. Happ was pretty bad with the Mariners, Burnett wasn't really any better playing for the Phillies, Liriano was really inconsistent with the Twins and the White Sox, and Volquez was also pretty bad before moving to Pittsbugh (even though he's with the Royals now).

Well if they face Arrieta in a one game they won't get a chance to show off that bullpen.

Wild Card game will be at PNC Park, we'll see how Arrieta handles the crowd and the pressure (just ask Cueto a few years ago). Cole can stack up pretty well (I think) against Arrieta, and he has experience pitching in the postseason. I don't think Arrieta has played in a postseason game, and his innings pitched this season are getting pretty high.

Wild Card game will be at PNC Park, we'll see how Arrieta handles the crowd and the pressure (just ask Cueto a few years ago). Cole can stack up pretty well (I think) against Arrieta, and he has experience pitching in the postseason. I don't think Arrieta has played in a postseason game, and his innings pitched this season are getting pretty high.

I am not worried about him tiring. Arrieta may be the most fit dude in baseball (not just me saying it, the announcers will say it all game it gets old). Arrieta has like a .8 ERA since the All Star break which would be the best second half of all time. I can understand why an opposing team would think/want him to crack under that microscope but knowing how that dude is wired having seen him pitch all year I am not worried about it. That game will be 1-0. I would be surprised if it's any different.

In 36 IP against the Pirates, Arrieta is 2-1 (he gave up 1 run in 7 IP in the Loss). He has given up a total of 3 ER against the Pirates this year. I feel plenty comfortable and confident with him on the mound at PNC where 3 of his starts against them were.

I am not worried about him tiring. Arrieta may be the most fit dude in baseball (not just me saying it, the announcers will say it all game it gets old). Arrieta has like a .8 ERA since the All Star break which would be the best second half of all time. I can understand why an opposing team would think/want him to crack under that microscope but knowing how that dude is wired having seen him pitch all year I am not worried about it. That game will be 1-0. I would be surprised if it's any different.

Arrieta has been a monster since the All Star game, he has allowed what? like 4 runs in the last two months or so? It will be a great wild card game for sure!