Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Naturalhoosier

Bowl Projections after week 4

Quick Lane Bowl

Ford Field, Detroit
Mon., Dec. 28, 5 p.m. (ESPN2)

Schlabach: Boston College vs. Indiana
McMurphy: Louisville vs. Nebraska

Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl

Amon G. Carter Stadium, Fort Worth, Texas
Tues., Dec. 29, 2 p.m. (ESPN)

Schlabach: Minnesota vs. Air Force
McMurphy: San Jose State vs. Indiana

I think IU makes a bowl but there's still work to be done in all three phases of the game and most importantly the stupid penalties.

Favored to win: Rutgers, @MD, @pu
Winnable: @PSU, Iowa, Mich
Yeah right: O$U, MSU

If we win only the games we should be favored in that's a very good season for IU football. If we get an upset or two in the winnable category... Wow that could be the momentum this program needs to be consistently in bowl games.

Would love a bowl game at Ford Field but unfortunately they will look at our home attendance for stuff like that. Just don't see that one. The other one? Absolutely

Selfishly, I'd like to see them in the Pinstripe Bowl. The Stadium seats about 50,000 so it'd be easier to fill than Ford Field. There's a big alumni base here and we fill MSG and Barclays when IUBB come around.

Would love a bowl game at Ford Field but unfortunately they will look at our home attendance for stuff like that. Just don't see that one. The other one? Absolutely

I guess I don't understand your point. The game in Detroit is a lower tier bowl with a Big Ten tie in (basically like getting an 8 or 9 seed)...there's usually a MAC team involved. They aren't going to turn us away.

Also, we traveled really well to Tempe in 07, and bowl reps even commented on that afterword. We have a giant alumni base.

I guess I don't understand your point. The game in Detroit is a lower tier bowl with a Big Ten tie in (basically like getting an 8 or 9 seed)...there's usually a MAC team involved. They aren't going to turn us away.

Also, we traveled really well to Tempe in 07, and bowl reps even commented on that afterword. We have a giant alumni base.

Go off of tempe. I went with my dad and there was a bet with the schools playing along with Boise state and Oklahoma that yr. We won the bet and sold the most tickets and alumni ticket sales we also the most. I'm almost positive that's correct because I don't think I would pull this out of thin air lol

I think IU makes a bowl but there's still work to be done in all three phases of the game and most importantly the stupid penalties.

If we win only the games we should be favored in that's a very good season for IU football. If we get an upset or two in the winnable category... Wow that could be the momentum this program needs to be consistently in bowl games.

I'd be shocked if we beat Michigan

I'd be shocked if we beat Michigan

I would be surprised but not shocked.  If we can stop their rushing attack we could have opportunities to make plays against their passing attack.  (we could also get burned)  They're QB has thrown 5 interceptions through 4 games though.  I would be shocked if we beat O$U or MSU.

that Utah game made Michigan seem a lot better in my eyes. I see us winning 7 games and playing another power 5 team.