Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IndyHutch

Analysis: The significance of a 4-0 start

Yes. We had only won 1 conference game going into that game. What a pathetic time for the Big Ten.

Though, I think we're mixing up the Wisco games. They beat us 83-20 back in 2010, that wasn't our near championship season, that was 2012 (Bucks undefeated season). They only beat us 51-3 that game.

It was a 62-14 thrashing in 2012. So many of those, its hard to remember. 

You're totally right. It was 51-3 in 2013 right? I remember Wisco's scores decreased at a perfectly linear rate, so I should have guessed I was missing one.

Same margin of victory though! 

http://www.winsipedia.comis a great website for historical evaluations of match-ups. Surprised we actually beat Wisconsin 5 times in a row within my lifetime.

http://www.winsipedia.comis a great website for historical evaluations of match-ups. Surprised we actually beat Wisconsin 5 times in a row within my lifetime.

Pre/Early-Alvarez they were pretty terrible. I assume that's when we beat them 5 times in a row. Everyone beat them back then.

Unless you're really really old.

Edit: Oh man. The winsipedia page for Indiana is super sad.

Edited by MartintheMopMan

Everyone understands that we are about to lose 5 of the next 6 right?

No. I'm not a loser and I'm not going to count the losses before the games even played. I understand the tough parts just starting, but we need to toughen up to meet it. You might be right in the end, hell, it might be 6 losses in the next 6, but until each game is over, its still winnable. Let's let losers do the negative thinking.

I don't think the significance of our 4-0 start can be overstated in regards to recruiting either. I read on Twitter there will be a lot of recruits at this game. The game will be sold out, if we can simply play OSU close, many prospects are going to take notice and want to look into, and possibly be a part of, what CKW is building.

No. I'm not a loser and I'm not going to count the losses before the games even played. I understand the tough parts just starting, but we need to toughen up to meet it. You might be right in the end, hell, it might be 6 losses in the next 6, but until each game is over, its still winnable. Let's let losers do the negative thinking.

I agree. Hell, let doom and gloomers hit the road and let fans have fun and root the team on. Upsets happen every Saturday. Its why the games are played.

When was the last time IU fans could let their imaginations and expectations run wild about a good season?  I agree the next 6 games are going to be rough but live a little!  I want to see how the team competes against O$U before writing them off in all of the next 6 games.  If somehow IU could hang tough against O$U and then get a win @PSU that would be the next step for this team. 

From ESPN

11223943_989110368125_786718082029295031

Despite losing against O$U, our projected results actually improved from last week per ESPN.

12096614_990222713975_521014021095043993

Don't you feel stupid now? I mean, it looks like it will be 6 of 6. You way overestimated us.

So no faith against Iowa or Michigan? One complete game is all it will take.