Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Noah Vonleh - Shanghai Sharks

Extract from a NY Daily News article on wht the Knicks should do at the trade deadline

Of all the reclamation projects on the Knicks, Vonleh has improved and developed the most. He could contribute to a playoff run and, like seven of the players on the roster, will become a free agent after the season. In other words, the Knicks should trade him while they still can because they lose his rights in the summer.

A second-round pick — even if protected — is a reasonable return.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Minnesota's Noah Vonleh goes to the Nuggets, per source.

I think Denver is his 6th team

Interesting bit of trivia.

Top-40 2021 prospect Aaronette Vonleh, 6-3 C, West Linn HS (OR), has committed to Arizona, according to her Twitter profile—2nd 2021 commit for the Wildcats; sister of Noah Vonleh, who is currently in the NBA with the Denver Nuggets & spent 1 year playing college ball at Indiana

Free agent forward Noah Vonleh is expected to sign with the Shanghai Sharks of the Chinese Basketball Association, sources tell Emiliano Carchia of Sportando.

Vonleh, 26, was the ninth overall pick in the 2014 draft. Since entering the NBA, he has appeared in a total of 339 regular season games for Charlotte, Portland, Chicago, New York, Minnesota, Denver, and Brooklyn.

However, the 6’10” forward hasn’t been a regular rotation player for an NBA club since the 2018/19 season, when he averaged 8.4 PPG and 7.8 RPG in 68 games (25.3 MPG) for the Knicks. Vonleh was out of the NBA for most of 2020/21, having spent just a couple weeks in February with the Nets before being waived. He appeared in four games for Brooklyn.

For much of the offseason, the Chinese Basketball Association hadn’t permitted its teams to add foreign players due to coronavirus-related concerns. However, now that the league has opted to play its 2021/22 season in a bubble, foreign players will be allowed in the CBA.

Shanghai hasn’t wasted any time in taking advantage of the rule changes, having already agreed to a deal with ex-NBA wing Jamaal Franklin. Carchia reports that the Sharks are also expected to bring back former NBA lottery pick Jimmer Fredette, who has spent most of the last five seasons in Shanghai.

Vonleh would have been a great compliment with TJD honestly. Just because he could actually spread the floor. We've definitely been blessed with some good bigs the last 20 years. Unfortunately, it hasn't always been put completely together around them. But Jeffries, Killingsworth, White, Zeller, Vonleh, Bryant, Morgan, TJD. Who is next? Or will Woodson begin The start of bringing in great guards instead? Vonleh was fun to watch though, even though Crean had zero clue how to coach the roster he put together (that season put me on the Fire Crean Train). Hopefully this is a good spot for him. Heck maybe get another shot in the league with so many going into Covid protocols. 

Vonleh would have been a great compliment with TJD honestly. Just because he could actually spread the floor. We've definitely been blessed with some good bigs the last 20 years. Unfortunately, it hasn't always been put completely together around them. But Jeffries, Killingsworth, White, Zeller, Vonleh, Bryant, Morgan, TJD. Who is next? Or will Woodson begin The start of bringing in great guards instead? Vonleh was fun to watch though, even though Crean had zero clue how to coach the roster he put together (that season put me on the Fire Crean Train). Hopefully this is a good spot for him. Heck maybe get another shot in the league with so many going into Covid protocols. 

I’m with you 100%. Vonleh was another incredibly misused opportunity. Great rebounder. Thomas Bryant misused. It’s been a frustrating stretch. That we are still engaged is really a modern miracle.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

15 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I’m with you 100%. Vonleh was another incredibly misused opportunity. Great rebounder. Thomas Bryant misused. It’s been a frustrating stretch. That we are still engaged is really a modern miracle.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

He was a dominate rebounder in the Big Ten... And was supposed to be a senior in high school. That's pretty wild. But he really needed to stay. Having JBJ to give him space down low would have been great. Hell having him instead of just Hanner down low the season after would have been great.