Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

MartintheMopMan

Indiana beats WKU 38-35

When looking at our top QB, RB, and WR's stat lines. You'd think we would've crushed them. But the game was a different story. Gotta step up on defense against a power 5 opponent.

3-0 Baby!

A few thoughts. 

1. IU coaches are making the needed adjustments at halftime so far this year. On both D and offense. 

2. I love our running backs.

3. A young secondary is giving up the big plays and a lot of yards, but there are some good instincts back there and they are making some big plays also.

4. D-line is doing a great job of getting their arms up. Big Ralph particularly. 

5. Mitchell Paige and Johnathan Crawford are my Players of the Game!

6. Offense looked a bit unsettled early in the game, but they slowed things down as the game went on, and the offense started clicking like we want it to.

7. I love our running backs.

8. 3-0 Baby!

You would think our corners would look better in coverage practicing against our offense every day. But I will take a W all day. 3-0!

I think our young secondary is coming in too keyed up. They are getting lost in what they need to be doing, letting the plays get past them, and then getting rattled. Seems to me part of the half-time adjustments we are seeing made is to calm them down, get them back where they need to be, make smart plays and let their instincts go to work. 

Well the offense settled down and looked good.  The defense did just enough, but that performance won't cut it against better competition.  Howard doesn't have the breakaway speed of Coleman but still a beast.  Crawford looks pretty good already for a freshman, let's just hope he has a better head on his shoulders than the last 4* safety we had back there.