Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

MartintheMopMan

Indiana beats WKU 38-35

When is the game time for OSU supposed to be announced?

Should be tomorrow. Usually game times are announced the Monday of the week prior.

I have a hunch it will be either noon on ESPN or 3:30 on ABC/ESPN2.

This is a huge win no doubt. IMO WKU is a top 35-40 team. Their offense is one of the best in the nation and Doughty is an absolute stud. WKU is a much better team than Wake Forest. Our season hinges on consistency, we cannot have a let down game against a Wake team we should beat. I am confident we will be able to run the ball all over Wake and control the clock.

Don't want to get ahead of myself, but this game shows me that we have what it takes to beat PSU, UMD and Rutgers, while putting up a good fight against Michigan and Iowa. We need our young guys on defense to grow during the season and keep running the ball!

Football is a QB's game, and we have a very good one behind a great line with two excellent running backs. WRs have been a very pleasant surprise so far. IMO, we have a better QB and line than many teams we will face this year, which means we'll always have a chance.

We had a punt return touchdown, a blocked FG, a stop on 3rd and goal and 4th a goal from the one, 2 picks and won by 3. I'm glad to be 3-0 but how long can we count on the plays being made?

Sounds like defense and special teams had a great day. At what point are those plays a defense/special teams learning to play consistently and not just one off plays?

Sounds like defense and special teams had a great day. At what point are those plays a defense/special teams learning to play consistently and not just one off plays?

That is the key!  The defense played wll the first quarter, played awful the 2nd quarter.  Played lights out the 3rd quarter, and played OK the 4th.

I think our team could be special (for IU standards) if we could just get some consistency on the defensive side of the ball.  I saw a stat this morning, iuhoosiers.com article that talked about how the 2nd half, we held their QB to less than 1/2 the yards he got the 1st half. 

This is a huge win no doubt. IMO WKU is a top 35-40 team. Their offense is one of the best in the nation and Doughty is an absolute stud. WKU is a much better team than Wake Forest. Our season hinges on consistency, we cannot have a let down game against a Wake team we should beat. I am confident we will be able to run the ball all over Wake and control the clock.

Don't want to get ahead of myself, but this game shows me that we have what it takes to beat PSU, UMD and Rutgers, while putting up a good fight against Michigan and Iowa. We need our young guys on defense to grow during the season and keep running the ball!

Football is a QB's game, and we have a very good one behind a great line with two excellent running backs. WRs have been a very pleasant surprise so far. IMO, we have a better QB and line than many teams we will face this year, which means we'll always have a chance.

If WKU is top 35-40 where would you put IU?

WKU had received a few votes to be in the top 25 last week. They are a good program that will likely make it to a bowl game! A lot of good takeaways from this game but also a lot of things that they need to improve on. At least we can see the improvement each week, that is all that I ask for. Let's hope they don't get too high on this win and lay an egg at Wake Forest!

If WKU is top 35-40 where would you put IU?

I still need to see some sort of consistency from IUFB. If we beat Wake next week then I'm going to be very excited for this coming season. :) Cannot have a letdown game.

WKU had received a few votes to be in the top 25 last week. They are a good program that will likely make it to a bowl game! A lot of good takeaways from this game but also a lot of things that they need to improve on. At least we can see the improvement each week, that is all that I ask for. Let's hope they don't get too high on this win and lay an egg at Wake Forest!

This.  The team has shown improvement each week so far, now we need to see if they can maintain that and take care of business with a big game coming up.  We've seen the team have these letdowns before so there is that possibility, hopefully Wilson shows he can get the team to stay focused .