Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierReb01

IU vs FIU Post Game Thread

2-0 Baby!

Just a few points on this.

1. This was a defensive win. Two fumble recoveries set up TDs and a pick 6 finished it off. You can focus on the yardage allowed if you want, but the D won the game. 

2. Running game  still looked good. O line was very good tonight.

3. D got called on a number of offsides calls. Several were simply lining up in the neutral zone, but some were just a matter of a aggressive D. Clean it up a bit and I'll live with a bit over aggressive D.

4. I think IU beat a team that's got a pretty good chance too go bowling. They were better than I expected and I suspect that by the end of the season this is going to look like a pretty good win. Not as easy of a win as I expected, and that makes it all the better.

5. D still has a ways to go, but bring that game every week and keep improving and its going to be a interesting season. Crawford and Cook are great additions to this team. Can't wait to have Scales and Dutra back.

6. 2-0 Baby!

FIU was much better than I thought, so overall a pretty satisfying win. Lots to work on but the defense made some good strides ( having Latham and Green back certainly helped). Our kiddie corps secondary has a lot of potential but is still pretty raw. Dutra will help but they need to be on the accelerated learning program. They all need to learn how to wrap up, or run stairs until they do.

Not worried at all about the offense, they'll be fine.

13-0 and CFB playoff dream is still alive

Some quotes from their board:

They have huge DT and are stacking the box. Pretty much they are daring us to throw the ball. We have to make them pay.

Our defense is not as good as you guys think. Indiana is not that good and they are running all over us.

This one made me laugh, just cause I know the feeling.  Very simply:

Jesus with the false starts.

Indiana's not a bad team. A bowl team, I'd say.

That Indiana OL will probably be the biggest line we play against rest of the year. That Big 10 line punished us and incredibly we were still in the game.

I always enjoy reading the other team's fan's perspective.  Reading through their pick'em thread I'd say 75% had them beating us. 

That second quote is hard to read. Particularly, since Jordan Howard ran right through them for the last two years at UAB and he had a top tier O-line to do it behind this year. I'd also disagree with the quality of their D, they were a pretty damn good D.

I thought it was a really good game. Defense has to figure out how to prevent the big plays. One maybe two per game. Not 5 or 6. There was no excuse for that 2nd touchdown. Just a simple failure of wrapping up the receiver.

I was also glad to see the coach going for the points with the FG in the first half as the offense struggled a little.

The guys at hunting camp were really laughing at me when i stood up and started hollering during the pick 6 to seal the game.