Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierReb01

IU vs FIU Game Day Thread

Time to get it started. Expecting to see a defense that was embarrassed by last weeks performance show up today. Question mark I have is whether FIU is as good as they looked last week, or did they just get really pumped taking on a instate rival?

Overall, I think both players and coaches on the D have been all over it this week. We'll see differences in the preparation and execution. Not a lockdown D, but a very effective D. Still likely to get burned on a few big plays. No Dutra or Scales will still hurt. I expect some attitude and execution on D, and it better be there, or we're looking at a long season. You make your biggest improvement between games 1 and 2 so they need to be significant today.

O will be fine. Suspect fairly vanilla play calling, and to see even more in the rushing attack.

Overall, I think the doom and gloom will have passed by pretty much by the end of the game. Might not be predicting Rose Bowl, but we'll be thinking some bowl again.

I'm stoked for this game.  I'll likely be watching on delay as we are headed to the Univ of Delaware game tonight...kickoff at 6.  Weather doesn't look pleasant out this way, so we might be cutting that one short.

Can't wait to see more ground and pound.  Howard and Redding is a top-notch 1-2 punch.  Look for it over and over and over. 

Gives you plenty of time to study up on your eschatology.

An appropriate topic for the times. Let's just hope our defense isn't apocalyptically bad again tonight.

You know my other issue with the late kick, don't you? I have to contend with the LSU game kicking off an hour later.

An appropriate topic for the times. Let's just hope our defense isn't apocalyptically bad again tonight.

You know my other issue with the late kick, don't you? I have to contend with the LSU game kicking off an hour later.

IIRC, you're wife is a LSU alumn, correct? So the question is: Watch LSU on the big screen, or sleep on the couch?

I'm interested to see what adjustments CKW and staff make. I believe our team is much better than they showed last week. It's a bittersweet time of year- my daughter is in marching band and competitions are almost every Saturday. While I love watching them perform, I hate missing football! Tonight will be radio silence (band performs at 7:45, awards not til 915, ugh).

I wish they hadn't scheduled it for the same time as one of the best games in the first month of college football. Oregon v MSU. I guess I'll have to go into score hiding for that game

I'm probably gonna connect my laplet(laptop/tablet) to my big screen and split BTN2Go and Watch ESPN to watch both simultaneously.

Or I'll stop being lazy and just get a Chromecast.

I'm probably gonna connect my laplet(laptop/tablet) to my big screen and split BTN2Go and Watch ESPN to watch both simultaneously.

Or I'll stop being lazy and just get a Chromecast.

That's an option, I can do a multi-TV setup too (like I do for March Madness). But all those things will get me yelled at by my wife.

Maybe worth it.

That's an option, I can do a multi-TV setup too (like I do for March Madness). But all those things will get me yelled at by my wife.

Maybe worth it.

Going IU on the TV and Oregon-MSU on the Apple Cinema Display!

As others have stated, I can see Howard and Redding getting a lot of attempts. I hope Suds is on a bit more with the deep ball.

I just hope coach allows suds to throw deep more often...... It was there all day last Saturday and we hit it 80% of the time and I didn't understand why we didn't give Ricky 300 yards receiving and let simmie go up on the 5'9 Salukis