Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

seanmm1971

IU Cross Country

This morning the Joe Piane Invitational was held at Notre Dame.  Winner of the event in 23:06.7 was Adriaan Wildschutt (Jr) from Florida State.   As a team, Hoosiers finished in 14th out of 23 teams.  Individual results for IU runner.

• 18. Arjun Jha -- 23:57.6
  • 40. Ben Veatch – 24:18.5
  • 77. Gabriel Sanchez – 24:47.0
  • 83. Skylar Stidam – 24:51.9
  • 107. Austin Haskett – 25:06.1
  • 113. Jake Gebhardt – 25:12.3
  • 135. Carlos Vilches Ortiz – 25:30.2

In the women's 5000m race, winner was Mercy Chelangat (Jr) from Alabama in 16:10.3.   As a team, the women finished 17th out of 25.  Individual results for IU runners:

• 62. Sarah Schmitt -- 17:10.7
  • 63. Mariah Wehrle – 17:11.0
  • 91. Hannah Stoffel – 17:25.0
  • 106. Maddie Dalton – 17:31.0
  • 123. Mikaela Ramirez - 17:36.6
  • 148. Ana Barrott – 17:53.6
  • 156. Gracie Sprankle – 17:58.9
  • 169. Lauryn Mick – 18:11.5

In the men's open 5 mile, IU finished 4th out of 13 teams led by Dustin Horter (Jr) in 25:15.7 followed by Ben Miller (So) in 25:21.3.  Winner in 24:54.1 was Nick Moulai (Jr) from Ole Miss.

We only entered 4 runners in the women's open 5000m race with our best finisher Alyssa Skorge (Fr) in 32nd followed in 34th by Jenna Barker.

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
Corrected time for Nick Moulai

This morning the Joe Piane Invitational was held at Notre Dame.  Top IU finisher in the men's 5 mile race was Arjun Jha (Sr) in 18th place in a time of 23:57.6 followed by Ben Veatch (Sr) in 40th in a time of 24:18.5.  Winner of the event in 23:06.7 was Adriaan Wildschutt (Jr) from Florida State.   As a team, Hoosiers finished in 14th out of 23 teams.
In the women's 5000m race, winner was Mercy Chelangat (Jr) from Alabama in 16:10.3.  Top IU finisher was Sarah Schmitt (So) in 62nd place in 17:10.7 followed in 63rd by Mariah Wehrle (Fr) in 17:11.1.  As a team, the women finished 17th out of 25.
In the men's open 5 mile, IU finished 4th out of 13 teams led by Dustin Horter (Jr) in 25:15.7 followed by Ben Miller (So) in 25:21.3.  Winner in 25:54.1 was Nick Moulai (Jr) from Ole Miss.
We only entered 4 runners in the women's open 5000m race with our best finisher Alyssa Skorge (Fr) in 32nd followed in 34th by Jenna Barker.

Am I reading this incorrectly?

Dustin Horter- 25:15.7
Ben Miller - 25:21.3

Winner:
Nick Moulai - 25:54.1

Ummmm..

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

28 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Am I reading this incorrectly?

Dustin Horter- 25:15.7
Ben Miller - 25:21.3

Winner:
Nick Moulai - 25:54.1

Ummmm..

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This has been a test of the btb accuracy verification system and I'm pleased to report you have successfully found its flaw  --  fat fingers.  Nick Moulai's winning time was 24:54.1.    Thanks Aloha.

IUXC Takes On The Nation’s Best At The Nuttycombe Invitational

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Story Links

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. – Indiana Cross Country travels to Madison, Wisc. this weekend for the Nuttycombe Invitational hosted by Big Ten foe Wisconsin. The meet is scheduled for Friday, October 15 beginning with the men's "B" race at 12 p.m. ET followed by the women's "B" race at 12:40 p.m. ET. The Men's Championship 8k is slated to start at 1:20 p.m. ET with the Women's Championships 6k immediately following at 2 p.m. ET.

The highly touted meet makes its return with 20 ranked women's teams and 16 men's teams that are among the best in the country.

Meet Information
Nuttycombe Invitational | Thomas Zimmer Championship course
Men's "B" Race 8k – 12 p.m. ET
Women's "B" Race 6k – 12:40 p.m. ET
Men's Championship 8k – 1:20 p.m. ET
Women's Championship 6k – 2 p.m. ET
Live Results
Meet Information

Last time the Hoosiers were on the course was for the Joe Piane Invitational at Notre Dame. Sarah Schmitt and Arjun Jha led the Hoosiers as Jha crossed 14th with a time of 23:57.6 and Schmitt clocked a time of 17:10.7 to place 62nd.

Hoosiers Head To Penn State For Big Ten Championships

Indiana Cross Country gets the postseason started with Big Ten Championships in University Park, Pa. on Friday, October 29. The men's 8K will kick off the meet at 10:45 a.m. followed by the women's 6k at 11:45 p.m. Live results will be available and B1G+ will have a live stream of both races.

Meet Information
Big Ten Championships | Blue/White Golf Course
Men's 8k Race – 10:45 a.m.
Women's 6k Race – 11:45 a.m.
Live Results | Watch (B1G+)
Course Maps | Championship Central

The Wisconsin men and the Michigan State return to defend their team titles from the 2020-21 season that was hosted in Shelbyville, Ind. at the Blue River Cross Country Course. The Hoosier men were runners up with 51 points while the women placed fourth overall with 101 points.

Last time the Hoosiers were on the course was at the Nuttycombe Invitational hosted by Wisconsin. For the second meet in a row, Arjun Jha and Sarah Schmitt led the way for Indiana. Jha crossed 25th in a time of 23:49.7 while Schmitt saw a time of 21:16.7 in the women's 6k to place 97th.

Kelly Mindak, Carlos Vilches Ortiz, and Gabriel Sanchez make their Big Ten Championships debut for the Hoosiers. Sanchez saw first place at IU Open earlier this season while Ortiz Vilches has seen competition at just the Joe Piane Invitational and raced to a time of 23:30.2 in the five mile. Mindak ran at the Nuttycombe Invitational in the "B" race where she placed 49th in a time of 22:33.7

The Big Ten announced their postseason awards on Monday morning. Indiana Cross Country's own Gabriel Sanchez was named the Big Ten Freshman of the Year.

The last time the Hoosiers saw Freshman of the Year accolades was in 2016 when Ben Veatch was tabbed with trophy. The last one before Veatch was John Jefferson in 2002.

In his first Big Ten Championship meet, Sanchez placed 45th which was the best of any freshman in the field. He clocked a time of 25:58.4 in the 5.2m race. Earlier in the year, Sanchez won the IU Open 8k with a time of 25:13.0.

The Big Ten also announced their Sportsmanship Awards. Hannah Stoffel and Austin Haskett were Indiana's selection after their efforts at the Big Ten Cross Country Championships.

Indiana will be back in action this week with the NCAA Great Lakes Regional on Friday, November 12. The regionals will take place at the Angel Mounds Cross Country Course with the women's 6k due at 12 p.m. ET followed by the men's 10k at 1 p.m. ET.

May be an image of 1 person and text that says '平 INDIANA CROSS COUNTRY B1G FRESHMAN OF THE YEAR GABRIEL SANCHEZ caidas idas BI TÍT'

Good start for the XC runners at the Redhawk Rumble.  Gabe Sanchez was the men's winner and Phoebe Bates finished 3rd to pace the women's squad.

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2022/9/3/cross-country-indiana-opens-season-with-impressive-performances-at-redhawk-rumble

I'm posting this announcement because this is a very talented XC runner and an outstanding young lady from Warsaw, IN.  She's also an XC teammate of my granddaughter who's senior season is being spent wearing the dreaded walking boot of doom due to a stress fracture.  And if  you're ever in Clinton, IA, be sure to stop and eat at her grandfather's italian restaurant.

Joey Rastrelli @JoeyRastrelli-

I am extremely excited to announce that I will continue my academic and running career at Indiana University!! Thank you God for opening this door and huge thank you to my family, coaches, and teammates for all the belief and support. Go Hoosiers!!