Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IU vs SIU Game Day thread

Don't we have somewhere between 7-14 of our veteran players suspended for the game? I'm not trying to make any excuses for that horrible display of football, but I don't think that this is a completely accurate representation of our team.

I think only 4 of them were starters. 

The defense as a whole was horrendous, not just the secondary.  Flashbacks to Doug Mallory defenses.

Not having Latham or Scales really hurt. What was going on in the front 7 is fixable and I still have faith they can be a solid bunch. The secondary may not be fixable though. They look lazy, they are slow, they can't tackle, they don't know how to play man-to-man. 

Does anybody believe this team belongs in a bowl though?

There are some teams that are likely to be very good teams by the end of the year that flat out sucked in their openers. The changes and improvements that are made for the next game probably tell the tale better. If we look like that next week, probably not.

Really worried about the D-Line. Latham and Green are DTs and would have helped against the run, but we had ZERO pass rush. Mangieri and freshman Jacob Robinson played DE, and they both have DT/LB bodies. Not explosive at all. ZERO pass rush against an FCS line. Not good, especially when we need pressure to protect our secondary.

We got a penalty before the season began. Think about that. We won because of a dropped conversion. This is an embarrassment. It's difficult to watch.

And don't forget the missed extra point by S Illinois earlier in the game. If they would've made that, that would've been all the difference. But its easy to play the what if game after the fact