Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

(2018) PG Robert Phinisee to Cincinnati

I saw him play in the McCutcheon sectional.  Wasn't necessarily focused on watching him because frankly, his name didn't mean anything as a potential recruit since he was only a freshman.  But I do remember that he handled the ball very well and found an open man for lots of easy McCutcheon buckets.

If the link works, you can watch McCutcheon's sectional final game against Logansport in its entirety.   

http://www.waltonwebcasting.com/index.php?view=details&id=726%3Alogansport-vs-lafayette-jeff&option=com_eventlist&Itemid=2

If you do watch, keep an eye on Logansport's Jalen Adaway who plays on the UA Indy team with Scruggs, Gunn, etc.  He's had unofficials to both Butler and IU and has offers from Indiana State, Ball State, IUPUI & Evansville.

If the link works, you can watch McCutcheon's sectional final game against Logansport in its entirety.   

http://www.waltonwebcasting.com/index.php?view=details&id=726%3Alogansport-vs-lafayette-jeff&option=com_eventlist&Itemid=2

If you do watch, keep an eye on Logansport's Jalen Adaway who plays on the UA Indy team with Scruggs, Gunn, etc.  He's had unofficials to both Butler and IU and has offers from Indiana State, Ball State, IUPUI & Evansville.

Adeway is talented. I saw him play in person a lot last year. Im from Logansport and would travel home on weekend to watch him play. Really talented. I think he could thrive at a place like Butler or Ball State

Yup hear you all, just thinking of another JBJ/Lyles situation. Would be interesting.

I think with the current trends in recruiting (recruits mostly waiting till the last minute to decide) we'll see the JBJ/Lyles situation happening way less

2018 is an eternity away and I'd be leery of keeping his commitment that long. And as a coach (which I'm not and never have been) do I want a commitment this early and have to take a scholly off my availability list? Just thinkin' out loud.

I would not accept a commitment that early. I personally love John Beilein's approach. I also feel like that approach is even more effective at blueblood schools with elite coaches. Hold the offer and make the kid feel like it's quite the accomplishment to have earned that scholly offer.

I would not accept a commitment that early. I personally love John Beilein's approach. I also feel like that approach is even more effective at blueblood schools with elite coaches. Hold the offer and make the kid feel like it's quite the accomplishment to have earned that scholly offer.

Yes, Yes, Yes!!!!!

Show interest very early. Be genuine and hold offer until absolutely positive.

I don't know. It's like dating. You can be someone who spends a year with the other person and becomes besties before you starting a relationship or you can be the kind of person who just goes for it and asks someone out and if it doesn't work out or they say no then it's no big.

Some recruits would like being courted and some would wonder why you were being a tease. People are different.