Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

(2018) PG Robert Phinisee to Cincinnati

https://mobile.twitter.com/AndrewPogar?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
A couple small interviews with RP on his commitment. Lol at Purdue fans saying they weren't recruiting hard anymore. As far as I've come with figuring out how to post stuff. I struggle with posting videos and memes from twitter so I posted a link to the persons twitter

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

21 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AndrewPogar?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
A couple small interviews with RP on his commitment. Lol at Purdue fans saying they weren't recruiting hard anymore. As far as I've come with figuring out how to post stuff. I struggle with posting videos and memes from twitter so I posted a link to the persons twitter

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Great find! Excited to watch Robert.

An underrated part of RP's game is how well he finishes w his left. He is also not crazy fast but gets to where he needs to go. I think he will be a 2-3 starter with all B1G team potential by his junior year. Needs to work on a floater and I will be very happy with him as our pg next year if need be. Would rather have Garland run the point for a year and have him take over after.

I can't help but notice that 3/4 of our 2018 verbals have stated they intend to sign today.  Phinisee is the lone hold-out.  Pretty clear that Archie is recruiting over him, and RP may at least wait until word from Garland comes out.  It's not like RP was a reach; he has some very high offers.  UVA sticks out, in addition to the B1G teams.  

I think Phinisee is overlooked.  The guy is usually the best player on the floor.  I seem to recall his stats from some July tourney were excellent; something like 43% on 3s, no turnovers, and some point totals in the high 20s.  

A great video of Robert.  I read all the time that he works to get his teammates involved, but few videos (I haven't seen him play yet) actually show that.  This video does!  

Also, it's great reading that he's usually the best player on the floor. 

Guards are so important.  I get it, only 5 guys on the floor and they're all crucial.  But a good guard is a true force multiplier.  Maybe the late Robert Baratheon can explain it better.

If Archie is the straight shooter everyone says he is, I can't imagine he hasn't had conversations with RP letting him know how he fits in. I doubt RP has any illusions that he is the starter or even getting a lot of PT his freshman year. I get they play the same position, but assuming DG is only in college a year or two, I don't see there being a huge conflict here.

If Archie is the straight shooter everyone says he is, I can't imagine he hasn't had conversations with RP letting him know how he fits in. I doubt RP has any illusions that he is the starter or even getting a lot of PT his freshman year. I get they play the same position, but assuming DG is only in college a year or two, I don't see there being a huge conflict here.

Along those lines, this is the type of recruit we need to consistently land. If Garland commits there would be two lead guards in front of him. DGx2! He works his butt off for two years and then takes over as a junior.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

5 hours ago, Stromboli said:
I can't help but notice that 3/4 of our 2018 verbals have stated they intend to sign today.  Phinisee is the lone hold-out.  Pretty clear that Archie is recruiting over him, and RP may at least wait until word from Garland comes out.  It's not like RP was a reach; he has some very high offers.  UVA sticks out, in addition to the B1G teams.  
I think Phinisee is overlooked.  The guy is usually the best player on the floor.  I seem to recall his stats from some July tourney were excellent; something like 43% on 3s, no turnovers, and some point totals in the high 20s.  
A great video of Robert.  I read all the time that he works to get his teammates involved, but few videos (I haven't seen him play yet) actually show that.  This video does!  
[/url]  
Also, it's great reading that he's usually the best player on the floor. 
Guards are so important.  I get it, only 5 guys on the floor and they're all crucial.  But a good guard is a true force multiplier.  Maybe the late Robert Baratheon can explain it better.

I see no need to speculate..

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

Awesome. I know some people were worried he wouldn’t sign. Weird that no reporters seemed to know he was doing it today though.

He told them it would be tomorrow at 2:45. I bet he still does something at the school tomorrow. Loved what CAM had to say about him in the press release.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app