Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

(2018) PG Robert Phinisee to Cincinnati

41 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Id recommend noting that everything he puts on the board is uninformed optimism. 

I don't blame him for the optimism. After such an awful year like last year we finally have things to look forward to. 

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

So you can take Akinjo, Duke, Devoe off of the board. Only people left who can commit at anytime is Dort, Garland, Romeo, Brown and Forrester. 

Any idea what our chances are with Brown? I haven't seen anything about him on the board recently.

12 hours ago, Hoosier Guy said:

At least we have one bright guy on the board. Thank you Hoosierfan 2017. People just like to hate

I wasn't trying to hate. I have nothing against optimism or predictions but it can be confusing when predictions are presented as facts. That's why I asked for clarification.

The Forrester news is discouraging but maybe the staff will do some official measurements for him on the visit. Also he has to see that he can get more playing time right away at some of his other offers. I suppose this is also Archie's first chance to prove himself as a talent evaluator here, since the 4 other commits were no brainers and Forrester is the first apparent "reach."

2 minutes ago, goonaha said:

I wasn't trying to hate. I have nothing against optimism or predictions but it can be confusing when predictions are presented as facts. That's why I asked for clarification.

The Forrester news is discouraging but maybe the staff will do some official measurements for him on the visit. Also he has to see that he can get more playing time right away at some of his other offers. I suppose this is also Archie's first chance to prove himself as a talent evaluator here, since the 4 other commits were no brainers and Forrester is the first apparent "reach."

But, when we have Forrester on campus he will likely participate in a team scrimmage, and the coaches will continue to see him in person. Yes, he seems like a reach to many of us, but how many on this board have seen him play in person, lile our coaches have, or know if he's still growing?

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

But, when we have Forrester on campus he will likely participate in a team scrimmage, and the coaches will continue to see him in person. Yes, he seems like a reach to many of us, but how many on this board have seen him play in person, lile our coaches have, or know if he's still growing?

I have not seen him play nor know if he's still growing. His top 8 consists of solid successful programs. He's obviously got potential. I think my skepticism and others is because of our excitement over the big man targets in '19.

Love the Phinisee commitment. Great in-state win for a guy with a lot of high level D-1 offers.

I still think Romeo is a long shot for Indiana, but I would think at this point Archie and Co. are putting many of the proverbial eggs in that basket. Would really prove a point if this new coaching staff comes out of the gate and gets 3 of the top 4 or 5 recruits from the state of Indiana in year 1.

I don't know if Forrester is really a "reach" at the ~150 composite ranking. At least not in the sense of Gelon/Priller/April. He would be a solid get and a contributor for 3+ years. That being said, I echo the concerns that we need that spot open for more elite talent in 2019 and his position is already somewhat crowded for 2018.

1 minute ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I don't know if Forrester is really a "reach" at the ~150 composite ranking. At least not in the sense of Gelon/Priller/April. He would be a solid get and a contributor for 3+ years. That being said, I echo the concerns that we need that spot open for more elite talent in 2019 and his position is already somewhat crowded for 2018.

He's not a reach per se, but IF he performs at the 150-ish level, he is a reach for the use of a scholly that could be saved for one of the top 50 2019 big men that we are strong with. 

The recruitment of Forrester makes me even more convinced somebody is transferring. Possibly Moore. Would free up a scholarship and explain looking at PGs. 

Perhaps moore chose not to transfer hoping to showcase his skills to go to a better program after leaving. IDK just a theory.